It details the life of Keisuke Saji, a typical high school student who's desperate for a love life. While "borrowing" his father's cell phone one day, he receives an anonymous message telling him to meet a girl named "Alice" later that night. Alice describes herself as a beautiful brown-haired student who's willing to get paid for certain activities.
When he arrives at the destination, Saji finds a girl who fits the description getting harassed by various men, but realizes her voice isn't the same one he heard on the phone. When Saji notices another girl laughing, he talks to her and recognizes her voice, realizing that she's the one who set up the calls. It's Akira Koizumi, a short blue-haired girl who goes to the same school as Saji. Distressed that someone found out her secret, she takes Saji on a walk around town, where he buys her a small ring. As thanks, she has sex with him, giving up her virginity in the process.
Drawn by Koizumi's mysterious life and cute body, and the fact that she was the first girl to jump his bones, Saji falls madly in love with her. What follows next is Saji trying to convince Koizumi that she feels the same way about him. However, she is a Tsundere of the harshest type, and refuses to admit she has feelings for him. Meanwhile, Saji has to deal with a big-breasted jealous childhood friend, a homosexual young boy in love with him, a boy/girl twin duo both in love with Koizumi, and much more.
The manga is quite explicit. Bare breasts can regularly be seen, and there is a lot of fanservice. Sex scenes are explicit, but not graphic or drawn out. An anime adaptation consisting of 16 episodes aired in 1999. Each episode is five minutes long. It keeps the humor and story of the early chapters, but tones down the sexual references.
Iketeru Futari provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Bi: Koizumi isn't really a lesbian, but she's not averse to lesbian-like activities from time to time.
- Amusing Injuries: Saji frequently receives these thanks to Koizumi.
- Beach Episode: A small arc where one of Saji's friends has a brother who lets the gang come with his friends for an army game. They end up kidnapping the girls, leading to a desperate rescue to get them back. Hilarity ensues.
- Big Damn Heroes: In the manga, Saji rescues Koizumi a few times from nasty situations ranging from bullying girls to outright rape.
- Bowdlerise: While it's still pretty ecchi, the anime is much more toned down compared to the manga; for starters, there's no actual sex. However, this is actually inverted in episode 4, when Koizumi gets fed up with Saji hitting on her while she's sick and bluntly tells him to bring it on, flustering him. In the manga, she just stripped down to her underwear, but in the anime, she also goes completely topless.
- Call on Me: Applied by Koizumi several times, since she knows Saji is always following her around.
- Caught the Heart on His Sleeve: Koizumi does this once or twice, usually when she drops her tough girl attitude.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: A rare positive example. Arigase catches a boy fantasizing about her in her swimsuit, and is so flattered that she decides to help him finish. They started going out after that.
- Childhood Friend Romance: This is what Yuki wants with Saji.
- Compensated Dating: Koizumi and Misa are a part of a circle that engages in this activities, being careful to make sure things never goes too far. Rumors ended up circulating at school that Koizumi's sleeping around. A prank based on this is also how Koizumi ended up having sex with Saji.
- Covert Pervert: Koizumi does enjoy sex. She doesn't like anyone knowing that, however.
- D-Cup Distress: Played with concerning Yuki. While she admits to Saji that she doesn't like her big breasts, she'll change her mind if he likes them.
- Does Not Like Men: This is the rumor surrounding Koizumi at the start of the series, with some people even wondering if she's a lesbian. Truth be told, she has dabbled a bit, but she doesn't really hate men, she's just a huge Tsundere.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Saji lets Koizumi give him a handjob while she's sick. He ends up catching her cold.
- Expy: Urawa and Kuwabara have a strong resemblance to Makoto Hyuga and Shigeru Aoba, which is amusing given that Koizumi looks like Rei Ayanami.
- Fanservice: The series has a lot of it.
- Funbag Airbag: Saji inadvertently does to Yuki after Koizumi hits him.
- Gag Boobs: Yuki first meets Koizumi when the latter walks into her back while holding a stack of books in front of her face. Hilarity Ensues.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Even though guys drool over her, Yuki constantly worries that small, cute girls like Koizumi are more popular.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: In one scene, Saji is holding on to Amakau's leg begging for help and his hair is prickling her thigh. She keeps saying it hurts, but when he stops, she has a rather satisfied look on her face.
- I'll Kill You!: Koizumi constantly says this to Saji.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Although he's dedicated to Koizumi, Saji is a shameless pervert. Despite this, you can't help but like him and neither can Koizumi.
- Marshmallow Hell: Yuki does this to Saji in order to convince him to stop seeing Koizumi. While he clearly enjoys what's happening, her plan ultimately doesn't work.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: What kicks off the plot, really: Saji initially finds Koizumi attractive, but even after she sleeps with him, he doesn't initially fall for her because he thinks he was just another client to her. But then he finds blood from him taking her virginity on the bedsheets, works out that she's not actually selling herself, and falls head over heels for her.
- One Head Taller: Saji is only normal height, but he towers over Koizumi. Yuki wonders if that's part of her appeal.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Subverted. Koizumi has red eyes and blue hair. That's where the similarities end. She's an Akane-level Tsundere, just to begin with.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Misa and Kuroki.
- Shout-Out: Both Saji and Koizumi are in bed two times, meaning that they are ready once again before the Third Impact.
- Stalking Is Love: Saji constantly follows Koizumi around.
- The Tease: Koizumi is good at this when she feels like it.
- Those Two Guys: Urawa and Kuwabara.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Amakasu and Arigase.
- Tsundere: In this field, Koizumi could rival any character voiced by Rie Kugimiya.
- A Twinkle in the Sky: Happens to Saji most of the time when Koizumi punches or kicks him into the air.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Sakurai likes to dress up as girl.