I Dream of Mimi (or Buttobi CPU) is a Japanese Manga series created by Kaoru Shintani. It's about a nerdy student named Akira Takaoka who saved money to buy a new personal computer, only to find out that they're sold out. Then he buys what he believes to be the same model in a box from a shady man in an alley, only to find out that it's actually a bio-android who looks like a young lady. Even worse, she'll require his active molecules to refresh her memory.
The manga, written and illustrated by Kaoru Shintani, was published by Hakusensha in Young Animal magazine. There were three volumes running 1993-1997. For tropes related to the OVA series see this page.
The manga provides examples of:
- Bland-Name Product: At the beginning of Access 5, we see a PlayStar by Sany.
- Fanservice Cover: Each cover as well as most chapter first pages shows Mimi with little clothing or none at all.
- Mega Twintails: Remi has purple drill-shaped ones.
- Naked First Impression: Akira sees Mimi naked when he opens the box.
- Robot Girl: When he gets home, Akira is shocked to find that his new computer is actually a gynoid. What's even more frustrating is that she constantly needs his semen to refresh her physical data. The evil Macs are also designed to be Sexbots.
- Robosexual: The premise of the manga and anime. Mimi is designed to be a sexbot, constantly requiring Akira's "active molecules" to refresh her physical systems.
- Sexbot: Mimi was designed as one, due to a manufacturing oversight. She also constantly needs Akira's semen to refresh her physical memory.
- Shout-Out: The battle between Mimi and Molima in Disk 2 of Access 5 plays like a traditional Fighting Game, with the former dressed as Chun-Li and the latter as Morrigan.
- Strip Poker: A variation appears in Access 5 with Strip Mahjong.
- Troubled Fetal Position: Akira goes into one after inputting his data into Mimi in Access 1.