Hajiotsu is a manga created by Tsukasa Unohana.
Himari Ashihara has a problem: she doesn't like men. But despite her inability to properly communicate with them, she does want to improve and eventually have a boyfriend.
Her friends tell her to take a big step and test out her courage. Himari should confess to a guy and ask him out on a date.
But what if the guy she asks out suddenly agrees to it? Satoru Kai agreed to go out with Himari and now they are dating. What now? Slowly, they take one step after another to get to know each other better.
And Himari begins to question her sincerity, given how the confession came about...
Contains examples of
- Bland-Name Product: A few appear, like MsDonald's and Guugle.
- Book-Ends: The series begins with Himari confessing to Kai at the bridge. The series ends with Kai confessing to Himari under the same bridge.
- Empathic Environment: When Himari finally decides to tell Kai the truth, it begins to rain.
- Ferris Wheel Date Moment: Discussed on both sides to occur. Ends up played with, as Himari is too slow to get on and gets onto the next carriage.
- Indirect Kiss: During the stay at karaoke, Himari's and Kai's glasses get so close to each other that he accidentally takes a sip of hers. Himari then frets over getting an indirect kiss. Her crisis is averted when Yae brings her a new straw.
- It Has Only Just Begun: The final page talks about how Kai and Himari's 'real relationship' has just begun.
- Last-Name Basis: Kai calls his friends by their last name. Himari and Kai refer to each other by their last names, too. Eventually, they do start using first names.
- Love Confession: The series starts off with one by Himari to Kai. And ends with one by Kai to Himari.
- Meaningful Name: The girls' first names reference the season they were born in. Himari is written as Sunflower and was born in Summer; Yae comes from the Yaezakura tree that is associated with Spring and Shuuko for Winter.
- One-Gender School: Himari always attended all-girls schools, including the current Hoshigaoka Girls' High.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Himari and Kai often worry about or plan to do the same things, like getting a picture of them together or heading to the fireworks display as a group.
- Those Two Guys: On the guy side, we have Kai's friends Otogi and Hinozaki. For the girls, it's Shuuko and Yae.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: Averted. When the weather forecast predicts rain later, Himari and Kai both bring two umbrellas to avoid this scenario, knowing how shy Himari is.