Gokujou Drops is a Girls' Love Manga by Mikuni Hadzime, originally premiering in the publication Yuri Hime Wildrose. It's notable for being a work from the Girls' Love genre that extensively uses the Seme/Uke dynamic. The work has some adult content and while it isn't Hentai, it is fairly Ecchi.
In order to stay in the city and fulfill a childhood promise, Komari needs to live on her own. She comes to an agreement with her father that she can live on her own but only if she lives in a dorm. Komari enrolls as a New Transfer Student at Ohtori Girls' Academy, a local boarding school but soon finds herself in a pinch as there's no available rooms. After some pleading, the dorm office suggests she visit Haraiso Yakata, the elite dorm on campus. Upon visiting there, she's told that she can enter the dorm if one of the dorm members sponsors her first.
Someone comes downstairs but at that point Komari, slips and gets knocked unconscious. When she wakes up, she finds herself in a bed while standing before her is a very pretty girl named Yukio who speaks in a condescending way towards her. Upon realizing that Yukio is one of the dorm members, Komari pleads with her to sponsor her insisting that she'll do anything to return the favor.
Yukio ponders this and then asks Komari to take off her clothes. Komari thinks it's a strange request but does it, reasoning that it's okay since they're both girls. Before Komari knows it, Yukio is groping and kissing her! After a few moments of molestation, Yukio says that she'll sponsor Komari if Komari is willing to be her servant. Left with no other options, Komari is forced to agree.
However, that may be only the beginning of Komari's troubles as upon entering the dorm she finds a lot of the other dorm members are quite interested in her too...
Compare to Hanjuku Joshi.
Gokujou Drops contains examples of:
- Attractiveness Isolation: The students at Ohtori think Yukio's too important/dignified/beautiful to be bothered by anyone and prosecute anyone who they think is coming too close to her. Komari calls them out on this, saying that Yukio must be feeling very lonely as a result.
- Bifauxnen: The "boy" Komari made a promise to was really Yukio.
- Chekhov's Gun: The selling of information on Erika to the sports club. First used for humor in chapter 13, it turns into something vital to get in contact with Yukio, in the last few chapters.
- Covert Pervert: Komari, so covert she does not even know she is. Well, she has a vague idea?
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Komari unconsciously does this a couple of times.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Yukio with her fan club and Komari with her Unwanted Harem.
- Expy: Yukio's family name is Himemiya, to begin with.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Both used and subverted in chapter 18, which is all about making meals; everyone's dishes but Miya's and Erika's are fine.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Komari and Yukio tend to be idiotic about not knowing about when and where to do it. Lampshaded a lot!
- Meido: Komari has to cosplay as one to sneak inside Yukio's family mansion.
- Missing Mom: Komari's mother died when she was five.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Komari thinks Yukio has something with Sai after spotting the former's sweater in the latter's room.
- No Social Skills: Yukio, due to the way she was raised; Sai, because she's a Hikikomori.
- Not a Morning Person: Yukio, to the despair of Komari. Sai as well.
- Official Couple: Yukio and Komari as seen on the cover.
- Ojou: All dorm members except Komari.
- Pet the Dog: Yukio gets a few such moments.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Komari is often afflicted with this.
- Potty Emergency: Komari has to go the washroom in the middle of the night but she's scared of the dark.
- Running Gag: Komari winding up in various perverse situations: being taken advantage of, walking in on people, public indecency, compulsory masturbation, etc.
- Seme: The girls in the Unwanted Harem.
- Ship Tease: There's a picture at the start of each chapter pairing Komari with the other female main characters including one Twin Threesome Fantasy tease.
- Stockholm Syndrome: The most likely explanation why Komari puts up with Yukio's (and the other girls') abuse.
- Stock Shoujo Bullying Tactics: Komari is cornered by Yukio's fangirls, who strip her nearly naked, and Komari hides in embarrassment until Yukio finds her.
- The Stoic: Yukio, as she smiles in only one panel in the first volume.
- Super-Deformed: One opening page for each volume.
- Tsundere: Yukio is a particularly moody Type Tsun for Komari, as lampshaded in chapter 18.Lampshaded by the twins who say she has been more Dere Dere recently (or all along in truth).