In a world of generic fantasy role playing game tropes, the goblins are hapless XP fodder for starting adventurers. Except one day Honwasabi (Wasabi for short), a young female goblin stumbles across a dying adventurer and finishes him off and gets XP herself.
Then she does it again and again . . .
And after this long stroke of luck and some genuine fighting, a goblin is the strongest person on the planet. Quite possibly stronger than the Maou the Demon King.
Luckily her ambitions are limited to protecting her fellow goblins, hanging out at the demon king's castle and 'harassing' Aki, an Ordinary Highschool Student girl, who's been summoned to the world and told she has to defeat the demon king to go home.
- All-Loving Hero: Ami tries to get along with everyone, including the very monsters she tries to fight. She even forgives her own angel for possessing her and attacking Mimet.
- An Ice Person: Granite's real element affinity
- Badass Normal: Honwasabi doesn't have any MP, so she has no special techniques.
- Beef Gate: Honwasabi's job is to act as one to keep down the number of low level adventurers.
- Cute and Psycho: Honwasabi's idea of being friendly with a heroine involves only fighting to the death on alternate days.
- Cute Monster Girl: Wasabi is a small girl with green skin and pointed ears.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Heroes automatically revive at the church. However this does cost money and dying painfully is still traumatic. It's also only true for heroes and their party.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Aki occasional gets Cross shaped pupils when in the presence of Demons, It's the sign of the angel inside of her.
- Foe Yay: Honwasabi and Aki.
- Horny Devils: One of Wasabi's friends is Mimet, a weak, clumsy, bookworm demoness, with a crush on her.
- "Leave Your Quest" Test: Wasabi pulls this on the overconfident but underleveled Former Royal Knight Arielle after she realizes that without a party and without money for revival she was going to die for real. She then kills her anyway but leaves money for her revival in her coffin as long as she never adventures again. Aki almost plans do to this after her angel attacked her friends.
- Our Angels Are Different: Angels possess Summoned heroes and are the reason they can revive and why they have the urge to kill demons.
- Our Demons Are Different: All Demons, including the Demon King are actually the spiritual opposite of angels, but where as angels possess living heroes and enhance their powers Demons are spiritually possessed corpses
- Playing with Fire: Granite, Aki's mage party member uses this, though she's not very good at it.
- Punch-Clock Hero: Ami's deal with Wasabi turns her into this, on the alternate days that they're friends she even once visited her at home at the Demon Lord's castle.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Wasabi has no hesitation in going to the human town to go shopping after her work shift and doesn't see why a human shopkeeper should complain about a monster coming in to shop and paying with blood stained coins.
- RPG-Mechanics Verse
- Shrinking Violet: Mimet
- Summon Everyman Hero: Summoned Heroes are a common foe for Honwasabi.
- Villain Takesan Interest: Ami's ability to take on threats far outside of her level has both the Demon Lord and Wasabi interested in seeing her grow in power.
- Wrap It Up: The series got canceled after chapter 40 forcing the writer to sum up the rest of the manga at the end of the volume.