Geobreeders is a manga with two six-episode OVAs. The story is centered around the Kagura Security team, consisting of Mr. Taba, our sympathetic mid-twenties hero, Yuka, the genki girl boss who frequently goes by Madame President, Yu, the under-enthused driver, Takano, the glasses-wearing, rollerblading... one, Eiko, the very professional one, and Make, alias Crimson Shooting Star, a gunwoman in a white suit. Their agency tracks down and "deletes" phantom cats that can travel thought electric currents, phase through walls, and take the form of people. Have I mentioned they're cats? One such cat is actually befriended by Mr. Taba, although she is the only phantom cat seen that cannot speak. Her name is Maya.
This series is a bit of a mash-up of many popular anime genres. There's a bit of unwanted harem, with it being Mr. Taba's job instead of his home, loads of action, science-fiction fantasy, madcap comedy and fanservice. Lots of fanservice.
Geobreeders provides examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: A lot of them. The only male characters are Mr. Taba and some of the various villains throughout the series.
- Cat Girl: Lots of them. And Catboys too. Maya is the main qualifier.
- Cool Hat: Maki's Fedora. She doesn't even takes it off while taking a bath!
- Chew Toy: Mr Taba, who gets into more humiliating and demeaning, as well as dangerous, situations than all the ladies he works for.
- Genki Girl: Yuka definitely qualifies for this.
- Hero Insurance: NOPE. much of the time, a lot of the damages the Kagura team needs to pay off get drawn out of Mr Taba's paycheck.
- Red Baron: Maki Umezaki, a.k.a. "Crimson Shooting Star" (and she would really like you to call her by that name). Her Rival calls herself "Indigo Shooting Star".
- Reluctant Monster: Maya.
- Unwanted Harem: Sort of. Taba is surrounded by women (not always fully clothed either, as the first episode shows us), but only a few of them actually come on to him directly.
- Youkai: The Phantom Cats have a lot of attributes that make them rather demon-like.