Keito is an aspiring mangaka who runs away from home after a heated argument with her mother and ends up moving in with an elderly artist named Rui. Rui and her favorite artist's model, Sumihiko, form a makeshift family for Keito as she starts to put her life back together. She gets a job at a record store, falls in love with one of their frequent customers, a funk trumpeter named Niki, and in the meantime, struggles to complete her manga about a free-spirited lesbian singer named Angie.
This manga contains examples of:
- Erotic Dream: Keito gets rather confused when she has one about Niki's roommate.
- It Meant Something to Me: After Niki and Keito first have sex, Niki treats it as a one-time casual thing, but for Keito, it meant a lot more than that.
- Most Writers Are Writers: Keito is an aspiring mangaka.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Sumihiko is a fairly ordinary heterosexual man who also happens to be a good cook.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Keito's mother is very unhappy that her daughter turned out to be a lesbian.