El Alamein no Shinden also known as The Temple of El Alamein is a compilation of World War II short stories from the perspective of the German military personnel, illustrated by Yukinobu Hoshino, of 2001 Nights, Kodoku Experiment, Stardust Memories and Horobishi Kemonotachi no Umi.
As the saying goes, the winner writes history, and these stories are the untold, unwritten part of the history of WWII. Taking place between 1940 and 1945, when the war was at its most violent peak, each story takes place in a different part of the world where Germans were fighting.
Tropes included in this work include:
- Ace Pilot: Lt. Reinefarth in Where Eagles Dare
- Alternate History: Temple of El Alamein, sorta. The Germans find murals and mummified dinosaurs depicting they were used to build the pyramids, but eventually died out due to climate changes.
- National Shame Manga is a true Alternate History.
- Captain Ersatz: Commander Douglas Berserk is a combination of both Gen. Douglas MacArthur and Col. Sanders, yes, that Colonel Sanders.
- Eagle Land: Flavor 2 for National Shame Manga
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Temple of El Alamein
- Gratuitous English: Commander Douglas Berserker, in National Shame Manga
- The Greatest Story Never Told: The premise of the whole series, but specially SeaLion having singlehandedly stopping the German invasion of the UK, by accident!.
- Nazi Germany
- Self-Parody: National Shame Manga regarding Japan and World War II
- Sub Story: In SeaLion
- Take That!: National Shame Manga does this to both Japan and the US.
- Tank Goodness: Temple of El Alamein