From The Other Wiki: In the 3rd Toutoh Empire, the excessive immigration led to an increase of violent crimes, and the government approved a law to expedite trials and alleviate the pressure on the overcrowded prisons: the Rationalization of Trials (RoT). With this law it is possible to hold trials without the suspect present, and the sentence is often the death penalty.
There is plenty of Ho Yay to please the ladies and bloody action to appeal to the guys.
- Action Girl: The Second Brigade
- Badass Longcoat: The standard Tokkei uniform.
- The Captain: Any head of a brigade, though generally importance falls as brigade rank falls. Captain Mikoshiba gets triple points for being the General-Captain.
- Bishōnen: Most of the important male cast.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: The manga revolves mostly around the First Brigade. Other than that, only the Second and Third Brigades have been introduced.
- Fair Cop: Hasui Tamao
- Magical Eye: Kamijou has a blue left eye and a green right eye. It is implied that his right eye gives him some form of clairvoyance.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Shouta apparently buys the same brand of glasses as Clark Kent as his roommate can't tell its him sans the glasses while wearing the Tokkei uniform.
- Only Six Faces: Many characters' features can easily become blended together. It's easy to become confused when condemned criminals and random citizens look very similar to the main cast.
- One-Word Title
- Putting on the Reich: the standard Tokkei uniform consists of a Badass Longcoat, a Commissar Cap with a winged skull badge (combining the Reichsadler and the SS Totenkopf) and a red armband.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Shouta when he's with Tamao or acting as a citizen.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism:
- The Smurfette Principle: The Second Brigade is the only noted brigade containing women. It is directly stated in the manga that the Tokkei is male-dominated.
- Title Drop: The Tokkei are called "Dolls" due to their quickness to kill, willingness to follow orders, and supposed lack of emotions.