Minoru Soramoto's parents went and disappeared because of a rather huge debt, leaving him behind. Thankfully, he was saved from the debt collectors because of their next door neighbor, an older lady simply named "Onee-san" who takes him in. She's a very mysterious and very beautiful woman with a very strange problem: she is completely and hopelessly obsessed with Minoru, to the point of worshipping him like a god. But she also loves and adores him all the same...but why she feels that way is something Minoru's going to have to find out as his life with this Onee-san begins.
Danshi Koukousei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi (The Story of an Onee-San Who Wants to Keep a High School Boy) is a Romantic Comedy Shounen manga created by Hideki who first self-published it on his Twitter before being picked up and published by Weekly Shōnen Magazine on April 11, 2018.
The Story of an Onee-san contains examples of:
- Covert Pervert: Minoru tends to sneak some peeks at Onee-san whenever she gets into ecchi accidents and secretly wishes that they could get more intimate whenever they're alone.
- Mysterious Woman: Aside from her obsession with Minoru, almost everything else about Onee-san is a complete mystery to both Minoru and the audience, from her job, to her family, to even her name. As it turns out, she'll go to great lengths to make sure it stays that way.
- Obliquely Obfuscated Occupation: Onee-san's occupation has yet to be revealed so far, but she does get paid enough to be able to pay off Minoru's parents debt rather easily and still have more than enough to stay at home for quite a while, all from saving a lot.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Onee-san's real name is kept secretive. Even when she's getting mail, it simply says that it was sent to "Onee-san". Chapter 59 finally reveals her first name to be "Shiori" thanks to her reacting to a bookmark.Explanation
- Shrinking Violet: Taken up to extreme levels while being Played for Laughs. Onee-san can barely hold herself together whenever she's alone with Minoru, prone to bursting into tears while crying about how cute he is and how much she loves him, barely being able to touch him without running for the hills in embarrassment, and even saying his own name proves to be too much to handle. She does get better as the story goes on.