Crossing 25; is a 2001 Takemura Sessyu Science Fiction manga.
Akada is your average guy. One day, a girl in his grade named Shiina takes him to a mysterious place and asks him confusing questions about the future and past. Akada refuses her and runs. Shiina's friend Natsumi explains to Akada their situation. She wants him to help fight the ones who want to stop tomorrow from happening. Akada first says he won't help because the problem has nothing to do with him. He eventually changes his mind.
In the 25th hour of every day, a battle takes place. Two sides are made up by a select chosen few for each team. One team fights to preserve memories of yesterday, and the other team fights to ensure that tomorrow will come when the sun rises. Who will win?
Tropes in the manga:
- Apathetic Citizens: Namely, Akada.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Shiina delivers ones to Akada often.
- Bifauxnen: The first enemy from the other side.
- Blood from the Mouth: Natsumi, after being hit.
- Bystander Syndrome: Akada's initial reaction.
- End of the World as We Know It
- Dramatic Wind
- Girlish Pigtails: Natsumi
- "Groundhog Day" Loop
- The Hidden Hour: The premise of the manga.
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Kill the Cutie: Natsumi, until time gets reversed.
- Magic Skirt
- Meganekko: Shiina's sister
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here
- Only Sane Man: Akada thinks he is this.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Akada
- Refusal of the Call: For a long time with Akada.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Shiina
- Think Nothing of It: Akada says this the first time after saving Shiina.
- Time Stands Still
- Timey-Wimey Ball