Sena Miki, an honours student, was looking forward to her first day of her new high school life. Unfortunately, she got into an accident on her way to the entrance ceremony, and she ended up missing her first month of school. With no more prospects of entering a school club and her social life shot down due to missing out, she resigned herself to being in the 'go home' club, when a strange girl named Lisa invited her to join a 'club' she just formed: The Car Club.
In spite of her initial hesitation, Miki and her friend Haruka ended up joining Lisa's group. However, they still need to recruit a few more members in order to be recognized as an official club. Thus, the trio start their quest to get their group to be recognized as such.
Car Graffiti JK is a Slice of Life manga by Sakushima Enoki, and serialized in Monthly Comic Alive.
This series provides examples of:
- Anti-Climax: There were no fruits during their drive along the Fruit Line, since the fruits were all covered in paper
- Beach Episode: One of their club activities involved going to the beach using Ichinose-sensei's SUV. This was actually suggested by Ashikawa-sensei, who offered to take Ichinose-sensei to the sea earlier in the story.
- But Not Too Foreign: Karen, a local country hick who's the only other student in the Manual Transmission course in the driving school aside from Miki and Haruka. She is one-fourth German, though.
- Club President: Lisa, who formed the school's Car Club.
- Club Stub: Justified, as Lisa just formed the Car Club upon entering school.
- Driving Stick: Miki and Haruka opted for the Manual Transmission course in their driving school, as opposed to the Automatic Transmission course most of the other students in the training camp were in.
- Driving Test: Haruka and Karen had a breeze in theirs. Miki's? She was pestered by Ashikawa-sensei's Rice Burner (with Lisa in it) while she had hers.
- Drunk with Power: Happened to Miki as she was trying to deal with a motorcycle gang delinquent while driving Ichinose-sensei's SUV...and everyone on the road got out of Miki's way. Comes complete with a transformation to a very masculine Art Shift.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Ichinose-sensei, the school nurse, dresses as one. Her office even comes complete with a quill pen.
- She later claimed to have picked a Mercedes G Class SUV as her car to complement her Gothic style.
- Eyes Always Shut: Haruka's default mode. She only opens her eyes (ever so slightly) when she's contemplating something serious, or scheming something.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Miki
- First-Name Basis: Ashikawa-sensei towards Ichinose Tomo-chan, even when they're around their students.
- Furo Scene: When the girls ended up staying a night in a ryokan during their trip to the Izu Peninsula, having lost track of time.
- Hummer Dinger: Ichinose-sensei, of all people, owns a Mercedes Benz G Class SUV.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Building a sign on top of the school van to promote their club. Unfortunately, they installed the sign on the van (which just barely fit through the garage door) inside their clubroom, and didn't account for the additional height when it was time for the van to leave the room.
- Les Yay: Haruka is a bit too enthusiastic about being around Miki
- Mysterious Past: Ashikawa-sensei and Ichinose-sensei, who have been friends since at least high school. Despite their angelic and elegant personas they display in school, the cars they own and their superhuman endurance they displayed in the beach leaves one wondering about their past.
- New Transfer Student: Despite being enrolled from the beginning, Miki was treated as such, having missed her first month of high school due to her accident.
- Nice Girl: Ashikawa-sensei eventually offered to become the advisor of the Car Club.
- Noob: Miki and Haruka initially didn't have their driver's licenses.
- Ojou: Lisa is implied to be rich, having mentioned that her father paid for her driving lessons and her car.
- Also implied for Ichinose-sensei, whose parents bought her a Mercedes Benz G Class.
- Haruka lives in a condo (filled with luxury cars), and her family owns a Jaguar.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: How Miki ended up with her summer job, when she and a flower shop owner were talking about how they liked the 'Midget Blue'. Miki was referring to the shop's blue Daihatsu truck, while the shop owner was referring to a plant potted next to the truck.
- Otaku: Miki had a minor case of being a car otaku during elementary school due to her grandfather's influence. Unfortunately, that caused the other kids to distance themselves from her.
- Refusal of the Call: Miki didn't want to be in the Car Club, having decided to put her car otaku days behind her to be a normal high school girl. However, as she missed the club observation period due to her injury, she didn't really have much of a choice.
- Rice Burner: Ashikawa-sensei's modified Nissan March.
- Running Gag: Everyone's aversion to Ashikawa-sensei's Rice Burner.
- After a few trips in it, Lisa got used to it.
- Scenery Porn: The girls' trips take them to some breathtaking view in their area.
- Spoiled Brat: Lisa
- Stern Teacher: The practical driving instructor in the driving school training camp.
- The Precious, Precious Car: To Ichinose-sensei's dismay, Ashikawa-sensei decided to use let Lisa, Miki, and Haruka practice driving using her Mercedes G Class SUV.
- Tohoku Regional Accent: Karen, a local in Yamagata.
- Weight Woe: Haruka was worried that her overeating was the reason they had a flat tire during one of their trips.