The club is hopping and Emi isnt so she ends up hiding in a corner after her friend ditches her to flirt with a guy! Emi figures the night is a bust, but then someone amazing comes to her rescue. Kei is a DJ, and her effortless self-confidence captivates Emi. Is this just a wonderful night out or the start of the rest of her life?
After Hours is a Seinen yuri romance by Yuuta Nishio. It ran from March 6, 2015 to January 9, 2018 for a total of 17 chapters that were later compiled into three volumes. Viz Media published the series in English starting in 2017.
This manga contains examples of:
- Can't Hold His Liquor: A single oolong cocktail turns Kuma into such a mess the group ends up getting banned from the lounge they're meeting in.
- Cool Old Lady: Invoked: Kei says she would like to be this kind of person in her twilight years.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Emi is unemployed and aimless at the start of the story, which is part of why it's so easy for Kei to convince her to try her hand at being a VJ.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Pad. Might overlap with Unfortunate Names.Pad: It's an awful nickname. Don't ask.Emi: Oh, so he knows.
- Furo Scene: Emi and Kei share a bath in Volume 3 in a short scene that quickly becomes intimate.
- Girlish Pigtails: Emi wears her hair like this, or in similarly arranged braids. She's not particularly immature, but it does show how she's a few years younger than Kei.
- Older Than They Look: Emi is very shocked to learn Kei is thirty years old.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: Kei shares her umbrella in Chapter 4 when Emi's blows away, but it's amusingly subverted only a page later when they're running far too frantically to enjoy the intimacy. They eventually just duck into a shop.
- Yuri Genre: The main focus of the story is the developing relationship between Kei and Emi.