From Haruaki Katoh (under the alias Juichi Sanada), the creator of Hyakko
High schooler Shiina Shinya thinks that all girls are pretty much good-for-nothing, mostly because he doesn't understand them at all. That doesn't stop him from being surrounded by strange girls! Tsubasa Tooka, a cute, much-admired girl, stalks him. Shikimura Masami is majorly into masochism, and has recruited Shinya into her play sessions. Ikari Satsuki seems suspiciously interested in the recent serial stabbings, and seems to want to drag Shinya into it. Banjou Yoruko, a normally quiet, bookish girl, has decided she and Shinya are bound up in some fantasy setting. Uchida Yumeji is the school's sleeping beauty, who spends all of her time in the infirmary because she requires so much sleep. Shinya brings her newspapers, so she can keep up with current events in the short time she spends awake. Lastly, Okui Akane is convinced she is a vampire. For all Shinya knows, it could be true, but in practice it just means that he has to let her drink his blood.
How will Shinya deal with all these good-for-nothing girls that complicate his life?
It updated once a month, but unfortunately much like Hyakko, Abnormal-Kei Joshi is on hiatus and there hasn't been a new chapter since 2015.
Abnormal-Kei Joshi provides examples of:
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Shinya does this to Yumeji as a way to say goodbye. Or, as she puts it, "the usual".
- Apologizes a Lot: Masami does this often to Shinya, though it's mostly because she enjoy it.
- Balanced Harem: All of the girls are introduced in the first three chapters, and Shinya doesn't seem to favor any of them over the others.
- Beautiful Dreamer: Why Yumeji is nicknamed "Sleeping Beauty".
- Blood Is the New Black: Satsuki is covered in blood at the park in Chapter 1. Akane meets the serial killer like this.
- Cute and Psycho: Pretty much everyone apart from Masami and Yumeji (we think). Some of them of the oh-god-please-they-need-treatment-and-a-straitjacket kind of psycho.
- Deadpan Snarker: Half of Shinya's lines are this.
- Expy: Yoruko looks a lot like Kuyo Suo.
- Facial Dialogue: Tooka and Yoruko in chapter 4:Tooka: (Yoruko-chan, I asked you to contact me if you find Shinya-kun, right~? What is the meaning of this?)
Yoruko: *looks away*
Tooka: (Th-This bitch~)
- The Gadfly: Tooka acts like this in all of her extended dialogues.
- Incest Subtext: Pretty one sided on Mei's part.
- Subtext nothing. Mei's very first panel has her kissing Shinya full on the lips to wake him up. At which point he shoves her off and washes his mouth out in the bathroom.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Deconstructed. Shinya's view on women being "Good for nothing" is because of the number of Manic Pixie Dream Girls he has to deal with.
- Manipulative Bastard: At least three of the girls are so psychologically dependent on Shinya that they are more or less under his control, and the rest of the girls aren't much better off.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane:
- Noodle Incident: How Shinya learned about Masami's "Inclinations".
- The Nose Knows: Akane has a knack to pick up the smell of blood. That's how she identified the serial killer.
- Not So Stoic: The first time Shinya openly praises Yoruko, she's visibly (and hilariously) overjoyed.
- Only Sane Man: Shinya appears to be this, but may well be the most dangerous person in the manga. The closest thing the manga has is actually Tooka, the freaking stalker!!
- To clarify, Shinya treats Satsuki like a ditzy childhood friend while she's drenched in blood, has no qualms cutting himself to allow Akane to feed, and is able to use the girls various peculiarities to his own advantage.
- Orphaned Series: There hasn't been a new chapter since 2015, so it's safe to say that this is the case, the exact same thing happened to Kato's other series Hyakko and ironically, he put Hyakko on hiatus 2 years prior so he could work on this series.
- The Peeping Tom: Tooka has several Cameras and Microphones installed in Shinya's house and school.
- Ransacked Room: Subverted. Mei just wrecked everything after Masami left a message on the answering machine.
- Running Gag: People accusing Shinya of being a murderer when they see him with a knife.
- Serial Killer: Satsuki. and Tomohito.
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: As it turns out, stalking is a pretty expensive and time-consuming deal. When Shinya asks Tooka to tail the guy they suspect is a serial killer targeting his little sister, she made him pay ¥100,000 in expenses (around €700 or USD 1,000).
- Shout-Out: Yoruko thinks Shinya was a king in a previous life and she was his knight.
- Tranquil Fury: Shinya has one when he discovers that Mei is being stalked by a serial killer.
- Violence Detector: Akane recognized a killer by the lingering smell of blood that oozed from his body.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: When Shinya tells Tooka that he doesn't understand girls, she replies she can't understand him either, especially how "nothing is reflected in those deep, deep eyes".
- Mei and Yoruko. According to Mei's orders, Shinya is only allowed contact with Satsuki, and it wasn't long ago when he wasn't allowed contact with even men. Yoruko is all to happy to point her Scissors at Akane and Tooka's necks.
- Discussed and averted when Tooka actually comes out and says she isn't a generic yandere stalker who says things like "only look at me". She will, however, get jealous if another girl seems "ahead" of her, and tries to kiss him to after Mei does.
- You Just Told Me: Invoked. Tooka sent an anonymous letter to the serial killer with pictures of the three girls he raped and killed together with a fourth one of an unrelated girl. That made him think that whoever knew about his crimes had a flawed understanding of him and his methods, allowing him to stay confident despite of the situation. Then, when Tooka meets him in person, she offhandedly mentions the girl he didn't kill, making him react visibly and expose himself.