Two or more people are talking, and one says to another "hey, your (blank) is showing." Its usually a word that rhymes with penis or sounds like it could be a taboo word. It causes the other person to say "where?!?"
A variant that used to be common was "Your slip is showing" (the female undergarment type of slip). See also Uranus Is Showing.
- In The Simpsons episode "Bart of Darkness", Nelson taunts Bart by saying "Your epidermis is showing!". This causes Bart to lose his balance, fall off the diving platform and break his leg. (As an added joke, Nelson thinks epidermis means hair, when it actually means skin.)
- From an episode of The Powerpuff Girls:
Buttercup: Careful, Bubbles, your ego is showing!Bubbles: What? Where?Blossom: Come on, let's get going!
- From the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Texas":
Spongebob: Patrick, your genius is showing!Patrick: *covers his crotch* WHERE?!?
- In "Sahara Hare" Bugs Bunny tells Yosemite Sam (who is dressed in the flowing robes of desert folk) "Your slip is showing."
- Variation in The Naked Gun. Anna Nicole Smith's character says it to Drebin during a chess game. "Your bishop is exposed".
- Snooper and Blabber are dressed as a bulter and a maid respectively so they can guard the diamond necklace of a matron. Snooper points out the Blabber's slip is showing.
- Zig-zag: Secret Squirrel uses a psychiatrist ploy on a destructive panda and it doesn't work. After having the desk thrown on top of him, Secret quips "Is my Freudian slip showing?"