Two characters, maybe friends, maybe not, are skulking separately through back streets, participating in a Bar Brawl or some other combat situation. They back into each other, whirl, point weapons at each other—then shout, simultaneously, "You?!"
- This happens repeatedly between Jin and Mugen in Samurai Champloo.
- Parodied in Hsu and Chan. When the titular Tanaka brothers encounter their lifelong rivals, Akira Yamamoto and his father, each of them says "YOU!" at least once, prompting a passerby to say, "...me?" Chan slaps him upside the head and shoos him away so the confrontation can begin in earnest.
- In Peace of Our World this is Harry and Voldemort's reaction to discovering that they were set up with each other on a blind date.
- In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Pike and Mrs. Marcus shout this when she ends up trying to bum a ride from him.
- In the Super Mario Bros. movie, Luigi and Daisy share this exchange after Mario and the missing Brooklyn girls shoot out of a waste disposal tube and interrupt President Koopa's plan to de-evolve the two: "Are you alright?"
- Spoofed in Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
Bugs and Daffy: (shrugging) Them!
- The bar brawl version is known as the "Double Andrew" on the Discworld, and is worth quite a lot of points. Bar brawls in Ankh-Morpork have become somewhat formalized.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer demonstrates this (albeit silently) with Buffy and Riley in "Hush".
- Doctor Who: Something similar to this happens in "Partners in Crime", in which the Doctor and Donna meet for a second time except they do it in mime, through a window.
- In Kamen Rider Double, Shotaro is having a friendly conversation with another patron at the barber shop. They keep just missing getting to see each other's faces for some time. When Shotaro realizes he's been chatting with The Dragon, we get the following as the poor owner can only look on in confusion:
Kirihiko/Nazca Dopant: You!
Kirihiko: Let's take this outside!
- From Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo:
Cyborg & Beast Boy: (screeching halt) Who's chasing you?!?
Beast Boy: Girls!
- Humorous example in Family Guy, involving Brian, his estranged son, and a bag of pot.
"My pot! ...your pot?!"
- Samurai Jack and The Scotsman give us this one when the Bounty Hunters appear.
"They're after me! After you?! They're after me!"
- Exaggerated in Adventure Time:
Two Fire Elementals: You! You!Two Different Fire Elementals: Double you! Double you!
- Superman: The Animated Series has this kind exchange between Lois and Superman: "Are you alright? I'm fine."