You know who doesnt go through a bunch of agonized self-reflection, ever? Wolves! Wolves feel really quite good about themselves and their totally rad ability to form an awesome, bad-ass pack and just straight up eat a whole moose.
This index is for tropes having to do with wolves and wolf-like creatures such as werewolves. See also Werebeast Tropes.
Tropes about wolves:
- The Big Bad Wolf: Characters based on the Big, Bad Wolf from Red Riding Hood and/or The Three Little Pigs.
- Fur Against Fang: Werewolves and Vampires are antagonistic to each other by nature.
- Howling to the Night: Wolves howl at sunset or at night to set an atmosphere of danger.
- Howl of Sorrow: Animal howls in mourning or emotional pain. Just as likely to be done by wolves as other canines.
- Noble Wolf: Wolves as proud, noble, dignified, intelligent and usually reasonable.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Playing with the basic concept of the werewolf.
- Savage Wolves: Wolves as nasty, savage, rapacious predators; if intelligent, may be sadistic and cruel, as well.
- Werewolf Theme Naming: Characters that are werewolves have a name that indicates that fact.
- White Wolves Are Special: A wolf is of importance and often goodness as indicated by their white coat.
- Wolves Always Howl at the Moon: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Wolf Man: Werewolves or Beast Men who are more human-like than wolf-life in their non-human form.
Tropes using wolves as metaphors:
- Crying Wolf: Trolling people by warning them about danger that doesn't exist which creates problems if later it shows up for real.
- Flock of Wolves: Turns out, all the people in the group are spies trying to infiltrate it.
- Lone Wolf Boss
- Papa Wolf: Messing with this dad's children is a very bad idea.
- Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: A human-turned-monster retains enough humanity to finish their mission.
- Raised by Wolves: An orphan raised by wild animals, of which wolves are one possible example.
- Throw 'Em to the Wolves: Kill someone indirectly by leaving them in a perilous place to die.
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Something evil disguised as something innocent.
- Wolfpack Boss: Boss Battle with multiple enemies that fight as a team.
- Wolf Whistle: A flirtatious whistle that says Hello, Nurse!