True Love is not this attainable thing that one could find and put in a cage and listen to it sing all the ding-dong day. Love (true or otherwise) is like water; it changes form, can only stay in the palm of your hand until it drains through and inevitably dries out completely. ...That Came Out Wrong.
Pictured as an erotic form of Mundane Made Awesome, True Love (or at least an adult game based around it) can really stimulate certain erogenous zones based on idealistic nostalgia alone. Vanilla-scented candles, heart-shaped boxes full of chocolate-flavored condoms, elaborately-laced wedding-dresses (for both the "bride" and "the groom"), engagement rings (and not for fingers if. You. Know. What. I'm. Saying!), heart-shaped pasties... edible wedding-garters... licking wedding cake off of one another...
...I'm sorry, I'm going to need a few minutes...
See also Casual Kink, Last Wish Marriage, Marry for Love, In Love with Love, W.A.F.F. and Your Normal Is Our Taboo. Compare Good People Have Good Sex and True Love Is Exceptional and contrast True Love Is Boring. Can also occur with Insatiable Newlyweds.
- In Tromeo and Juliet, the titular Tromeo Que has a brief scene where he masturbates furiously to a pornographic interactive computer game with a list of fetishes to pleasure himself to. Which does he choose?
In-game Voice: You chose true love.
- In Preaching to the Perverted, Peter Emery was able to get the BDSM Dominatrix queen Tanya Cheex so drunk that he gets her to admit her darkest fantasy; getting married and having sex with her husband in a hotel room.
- Deadpool 2: Wade and Vanessa have plenty of Casual Kink in their relationship, but also talk about settling down and starting a family as a form of foreplay. Vanessa even makes a romantic gift out of showing Wade that she's no longer on birth control.
- Aurora in The Robots of Dawn is a Free-Love Future, with exclusivity considered weird even for married people. However, Gremionis is in love with with Gladia and dreams of a monogamous relationship with her:
Gremionis: I don't want anyone else... How should I know why that is? I want Gladia. It's a—it's a kind of madness, except that I think it's the best kind of insanity. I'd be mad not to have that kind of madness.—I don't expect you to understand... Imagine having your mind out of whack and wanting it to stay out of whack. Any mentologist would put me in for major treatment.
- How I Met Your Mother has a more platonic example: Barney requests stories of being Happily Married from Marshall like children ask for fairytales at bedtime. In a romantic sense, Marshall and Lily are these to one another since day one of their relationship and never had any other relationship since then, barring the time Marshall almost had a rebound with a loony barista. They bring mementos when they're apart, and they get cranky when they don't have sex, and when they do, they do it literally in a jiffy.
- Played with in "I Think I Like You" from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - Rebecca and Greg are Friends with Benefits, and their sex life is doing great, but Rebecca is starting to catch feelings, so as the camera shows him pushing her head down towards his waist she can't stop thinking about getting married to him on a hillside surrounded by ducks. Naturally, it's that she's far more disturbed by.
- Klingons in Star Trek have a predilection for very rough sex (a broken collarbone on the wedding night is considered a good omen for the marriage). This Tumblr joke suggests that the Klingon equivalent of BDSM is to "gather in secrecy in dark cellars to engage in sweet, gentle loving, to the scorn of fellow Klingons."
- Canon within the Sunstone timeline, the main characters Lisa and Ally (who are established as being a Aggressive Submissive and Dominatrix respectively in the BDSM community) withhold their usual bondage play in favor of regular sex on their wedding night because they "just tied the ultimate knot."
- In pictures for sad children, Gary goes digging through his roommate's Porn Stash, notes how many of them feature weird fetishes, and asks "Do you have any that simulate being in a meaningful relationship? That is my fetish."
- Parodied in Homestuck, where Caliborn pesters Dirk Strider to draw the vilest, most degenerate pornography Caliborn can imagine... which turn out to be hilariously tame scenarios like a happy couple holding hands, or kissing. Then he subverts it with his last request: he asks for the happy couple to eat their baby. Elsewhere, it's revealed Caliborn is an alien from a species whose romantic relationships are all based on mutual hatred—so love really is a bizarre kink for his species.