Oh, wait. It says tree tropes. *ahem*
Subtrope to Plant Tropes. An index gathering tropes related to trees.
Growing here you will find:
Tropes about individual trees:
- Arboreal Abode: A house in a hollowed out tree.
- Bridge Logic: Instant bridge: just kill a tree.
- Cat Up a Tree: Call the fire department! Our cat needs rescuing!
- Parachute in a Tree: When a parachutist gets stuck in the branches on the way down.
- Playing a Tree: The easiest role in the play.
- Treants: Sapient creatures resembling large, humanoid trees; often wardens of nature.
- Tree Buchet: Instant catapult: just add tree.
- Tree Cover: A tree is often the perfect object to hide behind.
- The Trees Have Faces: Trees depicted with faces on their trunks.
- Tree Top World: A setting where trees grow to such sizes that entire civilizations can exist in their boughs.
- Tree Trunk Tour: Video game level taking place inside a tree.
- Tree Vessel: A tree used as a spaceship.
- Treehouse of Fun: A classic location for childhood fun.
- Trees into Toothpicks: Cutting down an entire tree for some frivolous purpose.
- Watch Out for That Tree!: When swinging on your jungle vine, try not to collide with the scenery.
- When Trees Attack: In which normally inanimate plants get up, walk around, and attack!
- Wise Tree: Ancient, sentient tree full of knowledge and good advice.
- World Tree: A fantastic tree huge enough to reach from ground to sky, or to hold up the world.
Tropes in the forest:
- Bonsai Forest: Tiny trees out of scale with the surroundings.
- Don't Go in the Woods: Out-of-the-way deep woods as the scene of horror stories.
- Forest of Perpetual Autumn: A forest which always looks like it's experiencing autumn all year long.
- Grows on Trees: When trees produce "fruit" that ain't fruit.
- Hungry Jungle: It's deadly, dangerous, sweltering, and hostile.
- Intelligent Forest: Forests with a collective intelligence.
- The Lost Woods: Vast, ominous, looming old forests.
- Tree Top Town: A whole village of treehouses.
- Wild Wilderness: When it's a forest.