Super Trope index of all tropes having to do with referencing the nature of one's own medium, style and the almighty fourth wall to make a laugh or two.
- Affectionate Parody: A work parodies another work out of love for the source material.
- Aside Glance: Characters looking toward the audience briefly.
- British Humour
- Camp (occasionally)
- Deconstructive Parody: A franchise installment handles the tropes and traditions of the series in a more realistic manner than usual.
- Describe Topic Here (a quick self reference for a page here, that doesn't get in the way of the main description)
- Eyebrow Waggle
- Hypocritical Humor: A gag involving a character making a hypocritical statement or otherwise demonstrating comically blatant hypocrisy.
- Hypocrisy Nod: A character acknowledges when they're being hypocritical.
- Lampshade Hanging: A character acknowledges when a specific trope is occurring or has a tendency to happen.
- Left It In
- Medium Awareness: The character is aware that they are in a work of fiction.
- No Fourth Wall: The fourth wall is broken so often that it's as if there never was a fourth wall to begin with.
- Some regions of the Sliding Scale of Fourth Wall Hardness
- Playing with a Trope
- Rage Against the Author
- Satire/Parody/Pastiche (and a little bit of all three)
- Scolding the Fourth Wall Breaker
- Self-Deprecation: The work makes fun of itself for laughs.
- Spoof Aesop
- Subverted Trope (sometimes)
- Waldorf: They break it so much they're now a wholly owned subsidiary of The Home Depot!Both: Ho Ho Ho!