Standing here so close to me
There's so much I feel that I should say
But words can wait until some other day
Kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time
Alice and Bob have been separated for a long time; then, when they finally see each other again after the separation, a number of things can happen. They might rush towards each other, one may walk to the other in a daze, or one might come up behind the other and put a hand on their shoulder. Then they embrace, with one babbling about how much they missed the other while covering them in kisses, or they share a long passionate kiss, or they kiss repeatedly. Either way, tears and laughter are sure to be plentiful, from them as well as from their friends and comrades. Is usually heartwarming.
In short, all the torment of their separation and its surrounding events is released in a shower of mixed emotions and sealed with a kiss.
- In the Inuyasha anime only, Inuyasha and Kagome kiss when they are reunited inside the Shikon no Tama.
- In Wolf's Rain, Hige and Blue reunite in wolf form, with Blue running to Hige and calling his name, while he hobbles to meet her (being badly wounded), and she jumps on him before licking him all over.
- Gad Guard: Arashi accompanies Hajiki halfway around the world without confessing her love, but when they are briefly separated for the first time in months he realises how much he needs her, and they share a kiss in front of everyone on reuniting.
- Anne of Green Gables (the third movie): Upon seeing her husband in a POW camp, Anne freezes up as he walks towards her. Then, she bursts into tears and runs at him. Gilbert then covers her in kisses while she laughs and cries.
- It's a Wonderful Life: After getting reinserted into history, George rushes home to find his wife and kids alive and well. He embraces Mary and covers her in kisses to her surprise and slight bewilderment.
- My Favorite Wife: Nick Arden has a joyful one in a hotel lobby with his wife Ellen, who has just reappeared after being declared Legally Dead. This greatly shocks the desk clerk, who has just given a honeymoon suite to Nick and his new wife Bianca.
- L.A. Story. After deciding to leave the man she's trying to resist falling in love with, Sara McDowell's flight is canceled due to the weather. When she returns to him, she walks toward him and they kiss passionately. Watch it here, starting at 5:35.
- Aragorn and Arwen's reunion in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, after their parting ways in the first film.
- Brokeback Mountain: Jack and Ennis share one after four years apart.
- Tank Girl. When TG and Booger reunite after the defeat of Water & Power they kiss.
- Dances with Wolves: This should more accurately be titled Epic Reunion Tackle And Makeout For Ages and Ages and... holy cow, are they even breathing?!
- In the film P.S. I Love You, Holly makes a bet with Gerry in their first meeting that if by chance they happen to meet again, she would return his jacket. Some time later, while still in Ireland, Holly entered a pub where Gerry happened to be playing. He sings to her "Galway Girl" before taking his guitar off and sweeping Holly off her feet for a kiss.
- In the final shot of Avengers: Endgame, a time-traveling Steve Rogers, having decided to take The Slow Path back to 2023 and live the life he missed since the 40s after returning the Infinity Stones to their proper places in time, sharing a Big Damn Kiss with his long-lost love interest Peggy Carter as they finally have the dance they promised to have before Cap was forced to go down with the HYDRA Valkyrie and freeze himself for 70 years.
- In one Animorphs book, Jake and Cassie reunite with a passionate kiss. This later becomes important when Jake downloads his memories into the Howler Hive Mind. Crayak manages to scrub all of them except the kiss. Next time he sends the Howlers on a mission, they try to kiss their enemies instead of attacking them. Marco, being Marco, jokingly asks if he can get one from Rachel (and later tells Cassie to kiss Jake again as it seems to give him ideas to solve their problem).
- Percy and Annabeth in The Heroes of Olympus. Immediately followed by Percy being judo-flipped.
- Katniss (not to mention the readers) expects one when she is reunited with Peeta halfway through Mockingjay. Instead he tries to strangle her.
- Babylon 5: Sheridan and Delenn in "Between the Darkness and the Light," several months and a lot of agony after they had to part eight episodes earlier.
- Amy and Rory in the Doctor Who episode "The Big Bang". It goes on for so long the Doctor starts reminding them to "breathe!"
- Legion: In the series finale, after Charles Xavier returns home from Morocco, he makes amends to his wife Gabrielle (who suffered a lot during his absence because he's her Living Emotional Crutch) by promising her that he will no longer go on long trips and that he will take on a more active role in raising their son David. It's only after she's satisfied that her husband won't neglect her and their child again that Gabrielle invites Charles to kiss her, which he happily does, and it's obvious from their embrace that they miss each other dearly.
- Lost finally allowed Desmond and Penny to meet in the present during the season 4 finale after years of being apart. Cue waterworks, passionate kisses, and promises to never ever ever leave one another ever ever again.
- Motherland: Fort Salem: has one with Raelle in episode 1x07, then also 2x08 and 3x08.
- A variation in Star Trek: The Next Generation: A "transporter clone" of then-lieutenant Riker is found and rescued, and the first thing he does is plant a big fat kiss on Deanna Troi (the accident which created the transporter duplicate happened about 15 years prior when Riker and Troi first knew each other and were still intimate).
- Jack and Ianto in the first season finale of Torchwood.
- In The X-Files episode "The Truth", Mulder and Scully share a lengthy kiss after having been separated for about a year.
- Beatrice and Alan have one within the first pages of The Dreamer.
- Elan and Haley in The Order of the Stick have one after being separated for several months.
- Nina in "Threading" shows up for the first time with a reunion kiss.
- Zoe gives a big one to Suki in Vampire Cheerleaders after they reunite in the future. Followed by a reunion screw. But the following pages made it clear that the attraction was one-sided, on Zoe's end, since Suki is straight.
- Zuko and Mai's kiss and incredibly adorable cuddle at the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Downplayed in the KaBlam! episode "Won't Stick to Most Dental Work!". After Henry comes back to the show after quitting, he and June hug instead of kiss.
- Will does this to Matt in W.I.T.C.H. after he's restored from being Shagon.
- Kim Possible, Kim and Ron have one in the episode "Oh No, Yono!" It only lasts a second as Ron's baby sister, Hana, jumps between them as she's too young to realise they were having a moment.