This is my daughters jointure, for no more
Can I demand. ...
As rich shall Romeos by his lady lie
Poor sacrifices of our enmity!
Here are tropes about characters reconciling with one another. It can be about strangers or enemies becoming friends or characters making up for their falling out.
Contrast This Index Broke Up.
- Achilles in His Tent: A character quits the team after falling out with someone, only to come back eventually.
- The Atoner
- Break-Up/Make-Up Scenario: Protagonists have a falling out and are separated, but meet again and reconcile in the end.
- Commonality Connection: Two strangers become friends after learning they have something in common.
- Defeat Means Friendship: One character defeats the other, and thus, they become friends.
- Dissension Remorse: Characters feel remorse for fighting with each other.
- Divorce Is Temporary: Divorced couples or ex-lovers hook up again.
- Feud Episode: An episode centered on two friends fighting each other, but reconcile in the end.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Two characters who started off as enemies or strangers, until circumstances made them become friends.
- Forgiveness: Pardoning others' wrong is one of the steps of restoring a relationship.
- Easily Forgiven: Forgiveness without much effort or bitterness.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Being enemies doesn't mean you can't have fun together.
- No Animosity in the Afterlife: All is forgiven once adversaries are dead and meet up in the afterlife.
- Peace Conference: Combatants begin the work of building peace after war.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: When a Broken Pedestal is fixed.
- Reconcile the Bitter Foes: A third party mediates a peaceful resolution to an ancient armed conflict.
- Relationship-Salvaging Disaster: A catastrophe convinces two estranged characters to kiss and make up.
- Trapped with the Therapy Session: An third party is trapped with others as they have it out.
- Welcome Back, Traitor: A traitor reconciles with those they betrayed.