When a Big "YES!" is not big enough for excitement.
Suppose Alice is watching the lottery show while looking at her ticket from time to time. When the numbers she wrote come down at the random or with the exact entries, Alice screeches in elation and bouncing off the couch going "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes...!", while Bob is just right next to her, either joyed or alarmed. Congratulations! Alice just gave out this trope.
- In Part Three of Jojos Bizarre Adventure Jotaro, Joseph, and Kakyoin fight against D'Arby younger, who's ability is to seal one's soul in a doll when he defeats someone in a game. It's secondary ability is to read someone's soul when he asks them a yes or no question, visualized by him seeing the character as a technicolor silhouette and hearing them say either "YES! YES! YES!" or "NO! NO! NO!" depending on the answer.
- Kevin does this in Home Alone a few times when fighting off Harry and Marv, the burglars.
- In Cinderella, the Grand Duke does this whenever the King gives him an order.
- In TRON, the Bit (who can only say 'yes' or 'no') responds this way when Kevin manages to reactivate a derelict Recognizer for the group to ride in.
- When Harry Met Sally.... During the restaurant scene where Sally fakes an orgasm, she repeatedly yells "Yes!" near the end.
Nearby restaurant customer: I'll have what she's having.
- In The Land Before Time, Ducky's Catchphrase is "Yep yep yep!", which she adds after almost every sentence she speaks.
- Singin' in the Rain has a villain in the talkie The Dueling Cavalier exclaim this, after his captive (played by Lina) delivers a Rapid-Fire "No!". The two of them proceed to exchange "No!"'s and "Yes!"'s for a seemingly endless amount of time. The Narm increases when a syncing error causes Lina's high, shrilly "No!"'s to come out of the villain's mouth, and his low, domineering "Yes!"'s to come out of hers.
- In the episode "The Inner Circle" from The Office (US), Deangelo Vickers tells Dwight Schrute that he will win the latter over.
Deangelo: I'm gonna win you over.Dwight: No, you're not.Deangelo: Yes, I am.Dwight: No.Deangelo: Oh, yes!Dwight: No.Deangelo: Yes.Dwight: No!Deangelo: Yes!Dwight: No!Deangelo: Yes!Dwight: N-Deangelo: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
- In the episode "Stretchcast" from The Day Today, Alan Partidge commentates over footage of a soccer game, saying "Yes" with increasing frequency before culminating with a Big "YES!" once a goal was scored.
- In one episode of Hannah Montana, Miley, Lily and Oliver were waiting for their calls after taking an audition. When the three answered the calls, Miley and Lilly jumped and yayed in excitement, except for Oliver, who didn't make it.
Miley: Why aren't you jumping?Lily: Why aren't you yay-ing?Miley: Why aren't you jumping and yay-ing?
- In an episode on the final season of How I Met Your Mother, Ted proposes to The Mother at the lighthouse. Before he can finish his sentence, The Mother elatedly said "Yes" many times.
- In Sabrina the Teenage Witch episode "The Great Mistake", convicted criminal Salem eagerly tries to please his parole officer. A little too eagerly, as it happens...
Parole officer: Okay, I've been reviewing your file and I'm pleased with your progress. Enjoying your life as a cat?Salem: Yes.Parole officer: Any urinary tract problems?Salem: No.Parole officer: Giving back to the community?Salem: Yes.Parole officer: Gotten any strays in trouble?Salem: No.Parole officer: Still wanna take over the world?Salem: Yes. Wait, no! I meant no! Noooo!
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. A flashback in The Cutie Mark Chronicles depicts the moment when Twilight Sparkle passed her entrance exam in a prestigious school, and got her cutie mark in the process. She jumped in circles for joy and repeatedly shouted "Yes!"—then the flashback ends, showing that adult Twilight is so caught up in the memory that she's also jumping and shouting, much to the confusion of everyone around her.
Restaurant patron: Are you okay, ma'am?Twilight Sparkle: Uh, yes.
- Billy from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy would often respond with "yeahyeahyeahyeah..." when excited.
- This is how Muttley from Wacky Races (and other characters that act like him) sometimes responds when he is asked a yes-or-no question:
Yeah, yeah, yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah!
- "YEAH, yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah, AH!", you can definitely count on Darkwing Duck to do this on occasion when he is especially pleased with himself.
- Beast Wars: Megatron has this as a Verbal Tic, yes!
- In UNIX, there is a command called "yes" that will produce an infinite stream of the word "yes".
- From an old Japanese joke, Japanese housewives can communicate great meaning with just the word "hai." "Hai" means "Yes, dear." "Hai, hai." means "I heard you the first time." "Hai, hai, hai" means "I only have two hands, you know." And "Hai, hai, hai, hai" means "The divorce papers are in the mail."