A trope where someone takes a notable quote or saying and adds a swear word or two at some point in there.
To count as an example, it has to meet some criteria:
- It has to be a distinct quote, not just a common sentence. This includes:
- Catch Phrases
- Lines from works
- The example should explain where the source phrase comes from. Hey, if this page is going to have loads of swearing, let's at least make sure it's all legit.
Compare/Contrast Quote Mine (screwing with a quote, but pretending it's the actual quote).
- In Die Hard, Hans calls McClane on being a Cowboy Cop, and then the discussion turns to actors playing cowboys. McClane says Roy Rogers is his favorite, and takes Rogers's Catchphrase "Yippee-ki-yay", and makes it his own by adding "motherfucker".
- In Doom, Sarge (played by The Rock) gets one towards the end, with "Semper Fi, motherfucker!".
- Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has "The power of Christ compels you, bitch!", a line from The Exorcist.
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby: "Hakuna Matata, bitches!" from The Lion King.
- Played with in Happy Gilmore with a slight paraphrase:
Happy (to Bob Barker): The price is wrong, bitch!
Bob: I think you've had enough. (Happy gets back up.) No? (Knocks Happy out) Now you've had enough... bitch! (walks away while shadow boxing)
- Bob uses the trope shortly afterward:
- In Ghostbusters (1984), after trapping Slimer, Venkman riffs on Julius Caesar's famous declaration "Veni, vidi, vici," ("I came, I saw, I conquered.") with, "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!"
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series has "The cake is a lie, Bitch!" from the line in Portal.
- In Ghostbusters (1984), when Dana opens the fridge, the demon inside just says "Zuul!". Then The Nostalgia Critic tweaked it to "Zuul, Motherfucker! Zuul!"
- From The Care Bears Movie review: "TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERFUCKER!".
- From the ''Ernest Scared Stupid" review: "Got milk, motherfuckers?"
- From the Tank Girl review: "Jinkies, Motherfuckers."
- The "Zuul" joke was also used in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.
- From the Star Trek (2009) review: "Live long and suck it!"
- Cracked has a list of inspirational 80s songs. In discussing "You're the Best Around", the recommend adding swearing to it, such as "You're The Best (Motherfucker!)."
- In Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged, Kurama says "Git-er-done, motherfucker," from Larry the Cable Guy's Catchphrase, which Genbu, the demon he just killed, was an homage to.
- This video of two guys watching a Pokémon movie. At one point, one of them says "Gotta Catch 'Em All, bitch!"
- Red vs. Blue gives us "Semper Fi bitch," in the opening of the first season finale.
- From Suburban Knights, when Angry Joe was playing as Inigo from The Princess Bride.
"My name is Inigo Montoya, motherfuckers!"