During pregnancy the only thing that should be inside a mother's womb or an animal's egg is an unborn child, yet somehow the baby manages to have an assortment of objects in the womb with them? Where did they get them? Who knows? Adding more mystery, when the baby exits the womb, the items are either taken out with them or they somehow disappear completely, never to be seen again.
Possibly related to Hammer Space. See also Stomach of Holding. May be played as Funny X-Ray (or Funny USG, as it's called). Not to be confused with a Demonic Possession of a fetus, which would fall under Fetus Terrible.
- One cartoon in The Far Side shows twin babies wearing T-shirts — one says "STUPID" and the other says "I'M WITH STUPID".
- Chairman of the Board: While in the womb, Edison performs an experiment using chemicals in test tubes, causing an explosion which blasts him out of his mother.
- Jia Baoyu in Dream of the Red Chamber is born with a piece of jade in his mouth.
- She's not exactly born from a womb, but in Greek Mythology, Athena was born from Zeus' forehead fully grown, wearing a full set of armour.
- In Chile, there's a saying about newborn babies, in which it said that the baby "borns with the marraquetanote under the arm", which means that the baby will lead luck and good fortune to the family.
- Similarly, the English idiom, "born with a silver spoon in his/her mouth," meaning that the child was born into a wealthy and privileged family, with the advantages that one would expect from that.
- How Green Was My Cactus: According to the obstetrician who delivered him, Liberal leader Dr. John Nuisance was born clutching a bag of gold ducats. In a past life, he'd somehow worked out how to take it with him.
Interviewer: That must have surprised his mother.
Doctor: More like shock. You see, he was also wearing skis.
- Pokémon: Many Pokemon hatch from eggs carrying objects, wearing armor or what appears to be human clothes, or, in Kangaskhan's case, hatching with a baby in their pouch. Where these things come from and how it's at all possible is never explored.
- In Spyro: Year of the Dragon, many of the baby dragons are shown to have some head decorations when they're freshly hatched. One of them even wears a sheep costume!
- In Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle Ring Of Fates, Yuri and Chelinka were born clutching a crystal, the one which marks them as Starsingers.
- Tales Series
- In Tales of Symphonia, it is said that Colette was born with a Cruxis Crystal in her hand.
- Supplementary materials for Tales of Xillia 2 state that the pocket watches that allow certain individuals to use the Chromatus ability are formed in the womb with them. Ludger's mother decided to disappear because she saw her son's watch on an ultrasound.
- Family Guy:
- Back when his character still had it out for Lois, Stewie claims that the first act of violence he ever committed was the ticking time bomb he left in Lois' uterus.
- A later episode has Stewie mention that he set up something of a man-cave inside, complete with a pool table.
- In a flashback to Stewie's birth, the doctor also took out a map of Europe marked with places he'll bomb.
- In another episode, Stewie mentions that he carved "Brooks was here" in Lois' birth canal.
- Another episode involves Susie Swanson being born with a wheelchair, with the latter coming out first.
- The Super Mario Bros Super Show!: Played for Laughs in one episode. Mario claims he was born "with a plunger in [his] hand."
Luigi: I know. Boy, it was awfully hard on Mom.