Be reckoned but with herbs and flowers!
An index gathering plant-related tropes. And fungi too.
A sub-index of Tropes of Nature. Do not add flower-only, tree-only, or fruit and vegetable-only tropes here: instead, put them in their respective sub-index.
- Alien Kudzu: A plant-like or otherwise sessile alien organism that goes invasive and quickly overwhelms Earthling environments.
- Born from Plants: When beings come out of plants.
- Botanical Abomination: An Eldritch Abomination with plant-like characteristics.
- Bullet Seed: Seeds shot in rapid succession as a form of attack.
- Cactus Cushion: People getting injured on a cactus' spines.
- Caring Gardener: Because somebody has to care for all these plants.
- Festering Fungus: Fungi that parasitize and grow in living creatures, often to horrible effect.
- Floral Theme Naming: People named after flowers and flower parts.
- Four-Leaf Clover: Clovers with four leaves bring good luck.
- Fungi Are Plants: Fungi being confused with or treated as being plants.
- Fungus Humongous: Mushrooms the size of trees.
- Garden Garment: Dresses made of living plants.
- Green Thumb: The ability to control plant life.
- The Hedge of Thorns: Thorn bushes can prove an impassable obstacle.
- Know Your Vines: 'Cause you don't wanna grab the wrong one.
- Lily-Pad Platform: Lily pads sturdy enough for people to stand on.
- Man-Eating Plant: Aggressive, mobile and gigantic carnivorous plants.
- Misplaced Vegetation: Specific species of plants put in locations or environments where they have no place being.
- All Deserts Have Cacti: Cacti appear in any and all deserts in fiction, even though real cacti only live in North America (and are invasive in Australia).
- Mushroom House: Houses dug out of mushrooms.
- Planimal: Chimeric plant-animal creatures.
- Plant Aliens: When aliens are intelligent plants.
- Plant Hair: Hair made up of leaves, vines, flowers, petals and such plant parts.
- Plant Mooks: The Big Bad grows a crop of plant-based Mooks to send after the heroes.
- Plant Person: Intelligent plant creatures.
- Soulful Plant Story: A deeply emotional story about a plant.
- Talking to Plants: Gardners talk to their plants out of habit or to make them grow better.
- That Poor Plant: A nasty substance is poured into a plant pot, killing its occupant.
- Transflormation: People are transformed into plants.
- Under the Mistletoe: When two people meet under a spring of mistletoe hung from the ceiling, they have to kiss.
- Vine Swing: Swinging from tree to tree thanks to conveniently sturdy and well-placed vines.