But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-ane.
Let's do the Time Warp again!
A character who does pelvis thrusts is usually crass or forward, and the motion tends to offend other characters, commonly of the female persuasion.
The pelvis thrust can manifest in a variety of ways. The character can do a single thrust for emphasis; several slow thrusts in a flirtatious or come-hither manner; or a series of pelvis thrusts or circular revolutions as a form of mockery, celebration, or taunting.
The pelvic thrust is also a dance move popularized by the likes of Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson. Some musicians or characters can use this dance to entice onlookers successfully; it may be accompanied by a hand over the crotch. Many musicians do pelvic thrusts to simulate sexual intercourse while performing a song that's about Intercourse with You. However, outside of music, pelvic thrusts will typically be off-putting.
- The Chipmunk Adventure has Alvin, Simon, and Theodore pulling this move at one point during their Battle of the Sexes performance of "The Girls of Rock n Roll". Otherwise, at other moments throughout other projects in the franchise, many have complained that Brittany, "Shakes her ass way too much" for an eight-year-old girl chipmunk.
- The Little Mermaid (1989) has Ursula doing a pelvis thrust◊ to remind Ariel of the importance of body language.
- Ace Ventura: The title character displays very exaggerated pelvic thrusts when he is excited.
- The Big Lebowski: A cocky bowler named The Jesus lewdly thrusts his pelvis in a circular fashion to taunt the others in the bowling alley.
- National Lampoon's Vacation: When she dances at the rest stop, the Ferrari Girl does a few of these.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The pelvic thrust is one of the main dance moves in The Time Warp.
- Peter Parker does a pelvic thrust of two during his goofy "emo dance" in Spider-Man 3.
- In Theres No Business Like Show Business, Vicki Parker does a lot of pelvic thrusts when she sings "Heat Wave".
- In You Got Served, there are a bevy of dance routines that involve the group doing pelvis thrusts. They also pair this with point directly at their crotch areas to taunt their challengers.
- A Bit of Fry and Laurie: Fry playing Michael Jackson performs a song "Move It On Out Girl". He does Micheal Jackson's signature "grab-crotch-pelvic-thrust".
- World's Dumbest...: In one clip from "World's Dumbest Performers 12", a puppeteer on an Angolan talk show brings out his marionette, which he then proceeds to perform in a rather suggestive manner, including plenty of pelvic thrusts... which he even has the puppet do to the host's face while he lies on the floor. Some of the commentators are understandably confused, and even disturbed by this.
- In Miley Cyrus's now-infamous MTV performance, she makes a real show of doing repeated pelvis thrust in front of the audience and Robin Thicke's general pelvic region.
- Michael Jackson is famous for his various dance moves involving pelvis thrusts. He also pairs this with pelvic poses where he places a hand over the crotch.
- Miguel does this a lot in his videos and stage performances. One such performance evolved/devolved into a show of public sex-mimicry.
- Elvis Presley was one of the first to do this dance move on-stage. It was rather shocking for its time and was obviously controversial.
- Cheryl Ladd executes circular thrusts when she performs "Just Another Lover Tonight".
- Murdoc of Gorillaz uses them salaciously in several videos, especially "Feel Good Inc." where he uses them to punctuate his bass lines, and "Rock the House" where he uses them to deflect skee balls fired at the band by Del tha Funky Homosapien.
- At Farm Aid 1990, K.T. Oslin does a lot of this when she performs the live versions of "Hey Bobby" and "Younger Men".
- In PSY's Gangnam Style Video, the "elevator guy," Noh Hongchul, does pelvis thrusts on the elevator while PSY lies underneath his legs. (Warning... potentially NSFW.)
- The titular Crash Bandicoot has a few crotch chops and pelvic thrusts as a part of his iconic victory dance.
- Fable: One of the expressions available throughout the series is Vulgar Thrust (pelvic thrusting), which is classified as evil or rude.
- Waluigi in Mario Strikers has his crotch chop victory pose, which is exactly what is sounds like.
- Incineroar, the Heel Pokémon, the final form of the fire starter Litten in Pokémon Sun and Moon, with a 'belt' made of flames, does a pelvic thrust whenever it does a special fire attack.
- One of the Skullmonkeys sings about doing this (and even demonstrates it on-screen) in the ending cutscene of their game during the victory song.
- Unreal Tournament has this as one of several animations that can be activated at will by the player.
- The infamous Mr. Libido from Yakuza 0 has a pelvic thrusts as a part of his very odd dance. If that wasn't enough Majima can even do the dance himself in one of the substories!
- The Beetle Bailey Special'': When Miss Buxkley puts up the speedo poster, she thrusts her pelvis at the guy in the poster.
- In Duckman, the titular character's Happy Dance is nothing but Pelvic Thurst.
- In Family Guy Peter and Quagmire both do this move frequently. Peter often does this to annoy other characters in the show, especially his daughter Meg. Quagmire does this because his pelvis has a mind of its own, and the movement is often accompanied by his catchphrase "Giggity!"
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. One of Spike's dance moves.
- My Little Pony: Pony Life. Part of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's dancing that they show to Snips and Snails. Snips replies when shown "I don't know if we can do that.", and the two are male.
- In the 10th anniversary special of The Powerpuff Girls (1998), when Mojo Jojo is destroying Townsville with his giant robot, he makes it do several such thrusts to celebrate.
- The Simpsons: When Homer & family attend a Brand X Cirque du Soleil performance, the performers come into the audience and one of them ends up repeatedly sticking his crotch in Homer's face.
- SpongeBob SquarePants. The pelvic thrust is one of the moves on the title character's bubble-blowing technique. He even calls it out as such.
- When Rita Moreno was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the SAG Awards, she came onstage and danced around with presenter Morgan Freeman, then gave a couple of pelvic thrusts which Freeman joined in on.