Family is one of the most important things out there for people. Naturally there are many songs about family. Most are between a parent and their child but other versions exist. Sibling Teams are prone to having at least one song about family.
- Fullmetal Alchemist has the Russian song "Brothers" about the Elric brothers' relationship.
- TRULY OUTRAGEOUS: A Jem Fan Film! has the song "Sisters Are There", which is sung when Jerrica explains to Ashley and Ba Nee that, despite their bickering, they're still foster sisters nevertheless.
Film - Animation
- "Somewhere Out There" from An American Tail was originally a song about siblings missing each other, but the Breakaway Pop Hit version warped it into a romance song.
- Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure has "Always There", a song about how your family is always there for you, sung by characters who desperately miss their family.
- Amanda Palmer's song "It Runs in the Family" is less a song about celebrating family and more about one complaining about it, or more particularly about how your genetics affect you.
- "Où peut on être mieux qu'au sein de sa famille" was written on 1789 by André Grétry for the play Lucile of Jean-François Marmontel, and was used as a semi-official song during the Bourbon Restauration.
Où peut-on être mieux, où peut-on être mieux
Qu'au sein de sa famille ?
- "Hey Brother" by Avicii is a song about sibling love.
- Melanie Martinez's "Dollhouse" from Cry-Baby, is about a family of Stepford Smilers where the parents are trying to keep up a Happy Marriage Charade. By the Sequel Song "Sippy Cup" the mother has killed her husband and his mistress.
- "Helena" by My Chemical Romance is about a dead relative.
- "Brother" by NEEDTOBREATHE is a song with two different interpretations: it's either literally about brothers or it's about Christians who metaphorically call one another "brother".
- "We are Family", a disco single by Sister Sledge, is about sisterhood.
- Within Temptation: "Say My Name" is about someone whose relative has Alzheimer's.
- Subverted with "You Are My Sunshine". Despite its constant use of being used between parents and their children, the song is a Break-Up Song. The full song makes it clear but most have never heard the full version.
- "Nothing Left But Family" by Rebecca Ferguson is about how her kids drive her crazy, but she still loves them. Because if she didn't, she'd be out of there.
- Confession Executive Committee ~Love Series~:
- Early on in the series, the Setoguchi siblings Yu and Hina get a song focusing on their relationship. "Embarrassment-Hiding Adolescence" concerns itself with how much Hina annoys Yu at times, but when it comes down to it he'll be there for her.
- "My Angel" is one of these. The singer, Sena Narumi, talks about her beloved little sister Mona and their close bond, brief fallout, and Sena's undying support for her. Mona later gets a response song, "My Ally", talking about her perspective of their relationship, and the also share the sibling love song "Sis Love".
- Sesame Street:
- One song is about how families can have two parents, one parent, or a kid living with their aunt/uncle/grandparents, but they're still families.
- One song is about different animal families (from chickadees to fleas).
- "Brothers and Sisters" is about how siblings fight sometimes but have a strong bond.
- "I Love My Family" is about how Julia and her family love doing things together (with the unspoken message that her autism doesn't prevent this).
- "Gold" is a song about how Yang will always be there for her younger sister Ruby.
- "Home" is about Qrow's love for his nieces.
- The theme tune to The Loud House talks about how Lincoln has trouble with his ten sisters but loves them dearly.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has "Apples to the Core" about the strong bond of Applejack's family (referred to colloquially as "the Apples").
- Phineas and Ferb has Candace's song "Little Brother", which is about her younger brothers. It plays this trope for laughs as instead of it being genuinely heartfelt Candace is being factual.
Even when you break my toys, you will always be my little brothers'Cause you're younger, we're related, and you're boys.''