What do you get when you cross Nerds Are Virgins with The Ingenue? This trope! This is when a nerd who's a virgin is a virgin by choice. Maybe they're asexual, or maybe they're just too busy studying math, science, and other "book-smart" related stuff to bother with romance and/or sexuality. A classic inversion of the "not book smart but street smart" phrase, their scholarly knowledge far exceeds their worldly knowledge.
- In Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan, Chieri Ono is a shy, sweet, smart girl who doesn't know how to ask out her crush, and is very embarrassed and uncomfortable when asked to read out loud from a book about the reproductive system.
- Rei Kiriyama from 3-gatsu no Lion is mostly a bookworm and singularly-focused on shogi, so he doesn't understand any of the implications involved in hanging out at a house entirely populated by young girls, nor why anyone would freak out about it.
- In Archie Comics, Dilton is a nice, smart, guy who wants to always do the right thing. He is rarely seen dating, and when he is, it's almost always with girls who are just as sweet and nerdy as himself.
- Jason Fox of Foxtrot, though excusable by the fact that he's ten. Most of his interactions with girls consist of annoying them (his sister Paige or his classmate Ellen, the latter of which often backfires spectacularly). Paige gets back at him by hitting him in the nerds: one collection is titled "Orlando Bloom Has Ruined Everything", the cover featuring the strips' three nerds in LOTR cosplay surrounded by teenaged girls with heart-filled eyes.
- The titular character of Chicken Little is a friendly, inventive boy with an optimistic and idealistic outlook on life.
- Ponder Stibbons is this in Soul Music, being "full of the undirected enthusiasm of the true discoverer and idiot". He happily blabs away that he's working on a way to record music in front of Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler, the most notorious conman in the city.
- The titular character of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius is a child prodigy who loves and excels at science...and still believes in cooties.
- Carl fits too. He's a shy, sensitive, Sickly Neurotic Geek who often serves as (or at least tries to be) the moral compass for his group of friends.
- In Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race, it's mentioned both on the show and in their online previews that neither Ellody nor Mary cares about finding a boyfriend. Surprisingly, this did not turn out to just be pretext before giving them a Love Interest.