A favorite of movies and movie trailers, this is a montage in which various characters get hurt in various ways, the "ouch" moments falling right on the beat of a fast-paced (usually classical) musical piece — or "Yakety Sax" — such as The Cancan Song or Sabre Dance.
- Phelous enjoys using "The Gonk" from Dawn Of The Dead for this purpose, editing together several clips from whatever he's reviewing.
- Implied in Outside Xbox's "You Awaken in a Strange Place" one-shot, set in a Period Drama nightclub (don't ask). One of the first events is the lethally uptight Lord Hortingly trying and, thanks to bad rolls, failing to force Gad Ticklebottom to put on some clothes while he fops comedically around the room. Liv Kennedy immediately has Queen Beatrice request Yakety Sax from the orchestra.
- In the Beetlejuice episode "It's A Big, Big, Big, Big, Ape", Beetlejuice invokes one of these to cross a stretch of dangerous jungle.
- Bob's Burgers: The credits for the season five finale "The Oeder Games" features a montage of characters getting hit with water balloons in slow-mo while the cast sings an off-key version of Nena's "99 Red Balloons".
- Phineas and Ferb:
- "The Doonkleberry Imperative" has "The Drusselstein Driving Test Waltz", where Perry the Platypus is dragged along when Dr. Doofenshmirtz has to retake his (rather dangerous) driving test.
- "This Is Your Backstory" has a montage of Doofenshmirtz's failed inventions self-destructing, set to the finale from the 1812 Overture.
- "Blackout!" has the "What is This Thing?" number, where Candace is literally pulled through the wringer when she's trapped in Phineas and Ferb's huge, unseen invention.