1920-1929 | 1930-1939 | 1940-1949 | 1950-1959 | 1960-1969 | 1970-1979 | 1980-1989 | 1990-1999 | 2000-2009 | 2010-2019 | 2020-present
Genres that debuted or were popular in the 1920s:
- Louis Armstrong rose to fame in this decade.
- The Complete Hot Five and Hot Seven Recordings (recorded between 1925 and 1928, but the CD release is from 2000.)
- Béla Bartók: Composed "The Miraculous Mandarin" (premiered in 1926) and his "Third and Fourth String Quartets".
- Irving Berlin with his musicals and individual songs was rising to fame during this time.
- Blind Blake
- Aaron Copland
- Bing Crosby
- Duke Ellington
- Ruth Etting whose life story was portrayed in Love Me Or Leave Me.
- Carlos Gardel
- George Gershwin wrote two of his most popular works, "Rhapsody In Blue" and "An American In Paris", during this decade.
- Coleman Hawkins
- Blind Lemon Jefferson
- Al Jolson was really big during this era.
- Cole Porter
- Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Django Reinhardt
- Igor Stravinsky started his neoclassical phase during this decade.
- Edgard Varèse began composing during this decade.
- Jimmie Rodgers: Father of Country Music, discovered at the Bristol Sessions
- Fats Waller began recording in this decade.
- Waring's Pennsylvanians
- 1923 - "Stagger Lee"
- Kurt Weill began his collaboration with Bertolt Brecht.