Monster Sob Story is a disambiguation to the following tropes:
- Cry for the Devil: For whatever reason, the audience feels sorry for the villain.
- Driven to Villainy: Tragic circumstances drive a person to commit evil deeds.
- Forced into Evil: A person who only does evil deeds under duress.
- Freudian Excuse: A villain's propensity towards evil is shaped by childhood trauma.
- Necromantic: The tragic death of a loved one drives a character to pursue questionable means to bring them back, even if it means dooming the rest of the world to achieve that.
- Start of Darkness: A prequel that details how an established villain became evil in the first place. It may or may not involve tragedy, trauma or other misfortune that makes them sympathetic.
- Sympathy for the Devil: The heroes sympathize with the villain due to their circumstances.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: The character isn't evil at first, but the difficulties they face after being accused and treated as one cause them to snap.
- Tortured Monster: A monstrous being (or a group of them) that lashes out against the world because they are not in control of themselves.
- Tragic Villain: A villain driven to his deeds by tragic circumstances.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: An Omnicidal Maniac who's been through enough misery, and now wants to take it out on the whole world as payback.
All wicks to this page should be changed to point to whichever trope they refer to.