Most guys would give anything to have the girl of his dreams literally want a piece of him.
But it can get painful if more than one girl wants that to happen.
This classic Harem Anime scene consists of each young lady in this tug of war grabbing an extremity (usually an arm) and literally trying to take her man away from her rival(s), in a grotesquely hilarious exaggeration of wish fulfillment. The girls in competition will likely shout this:
"No, he's mine!"
This trope is unrelated to Love Hurts, even though it may hurt literally.
This trope also shows the chivalrous side of a guy — he Wouldn't Hit a Girl even to protect himself from this trope. For this reason, a girl is rarely fought over this directly in Distaff Counterpart harems.
- Daily Life with Monster Girl has a triple version with Kimihito being torn between Miia, Centorea and Papi in chapter 5.
- Higurashi: When They Cry had this at least twice, between twin sisters at that. Shion and Mion both tug on Keiichi. This is subverted, however, as Shion doesn't actually like Keiichi. She's just pretending she does to joke around. Shion's completely set on Satoshi.
- Mahou Sensei Negima! ...though given the size difference between Negi and his paramours (not to mention their energy level), it's more of a particularly fumble-prone football (either one) game.
- Pandora Hearts: To complete their Friend Versus Lover status occasionally Gilbert and Alice will fight over Oz this way with Gilbert declaring Oz as his "master" and Alice calling him her "property".
- Ranma ½: At one point, Ranma is in a three legged race and ends up with Shampoo tied to one leg and Akane tied to the other. When the path splits they try to go down different paths, with painful results for Ranma. Mousse even gleefully compares it to an old Chinese story where a man was ripped in two by his lovers fighting over him.
- Seitokai Yakuindomo: Pictured above. Parodied in a Not What It Looks Like moment when Suzu is shocked after walking in to see Aria and Shino tugging on Tsuda's arms and shouting "Mine!". They were actually fighting over which one of them Tsuda would help carry heavy stuff for first.
- The end of the Zelda II: The Adventure of Link manga adaptation ends with both Zeldas doing this to Link. As seen here.
- High School DXD: Early in Season 2, Rias and Asia subject Issei to this wearing nothing but panties and socks.
- A mild example in the opening credits of Akeno vs. Asia with Issei as the prize.
- Non-human example happens with Axew and a Gothita fighting over Scraggy.
- A platonic variant plays out when Ash has to choose between finding new Pokémon (Max) or stopping to eat (May).
- Parodied in the Girls und Panzer spin-off manga Motto Love Love Sakusen, with Darjeeling and Assam pulling on Orange Pekoe. Pekoe, being their tank's loader, is strong enough to pull back and smack them together.
- Kaguya-sama: Love Is War features a platonic version: In an early chapter, both Kaguya and Chika try to convince Miyuki to join their clubs (archery and tabletop gaming respectively), and end up in one of these situations. The narration declares Miyuki to be "today's winner", since he briefly got to experience what it's like to have a harem fighting over him.
- This happens again in a later chapter, this time because Kaguya and Chika are trying to teach Miyuki how to perform the Sōran Bushinote . The two girls get into a Technician vs. Performer argument, Chika believing that Miyuki needs to understand the emotions involved while Kaguya argues that all he needs to do is copy the movements precisely. After having his arms tugged on for a while, Miyuki finally understands "the feelings of the net being pulled", and the chapter ends with him having mastered the dance.
- Archie: Try finding some promotional art for this comic or its (non-Jughead) spinoffs that doesn't depict Betty and Veronica doing this to Archie.
- Superman: A lot of old comics, 'specially Lois Lane comics, feature Lois Lane and Lana Lang in such a position. Superman being Superman, of course, he can take whatever these ladies can dish out.
- Supergirl and Zatanna do this in the cover of Supergirl Vol. 1 #7, although that scene never happens in the book.
- Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità: Germany and Japan does this to Italy. He did not take it well.
Closer to those petal-soft lips"Ahem."Moment. Ruined. Glaring at the raven, the blond bent down as well, pulling the Italian closer to him. Only to be pulled back. And forth. And back. And forth."GUYS!" The pair immediately ceased their tug-of-war at the sole shout, the sought pouting. "I don't want either of you to fight over me! EVER!"
- A sidestory of Pokémon Reset Bloodlines has Ash experiencing this during his 15th birthday, with two girls who want to dance with him.
- In the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy," B'elanna Torres and Seven of Nine literally do this to the Doctor in one of his daydreams.
- The final battle with the evil genie in Tales of the Arabian Nights is basically this, with the genie and the player dueling for a (captive) princess. Successful shots on the player's part pulls her closer to his side, while poor pinball skills will cause the genie to exert more pull instead.
- Ménage à 3 has used this at least twice, reflecting the artist's fondness for Archie comics:
- Yuki and Sonya do it to Gary here. And of course, neither of them want to share, as when Gary suggests getting together with both of them, they give him a joint Death Glare.
- It happens to him again a few hundred strips later, with Senna and Sandra, the minor twist there being that Sandra wants his geeky advice rather than his affections. Note that, in both cases, Gary's inability to resolve the question indicates passivity rather than chivalry.
- In one of the earlier color episodes of Popeye, Popeye and Bluto vie for Olive Oyl's affections by pulling each of her arms in opposite directions. (Since she originated in the age of rubber-hose animation, her arms stretch to a length of about 30 feet.)
- A disturbing one in Superjail! where the women from the female prison have a ball with the men, the Twins release spanish flies that drive all the women sex crazy. In one case two girls do this to the point they rip the man's arms off and start dry humping themselves with said arms.
- Steven Universe: A slight variation occurs in "Open Book", when Cloud Connie (wearing a wedding dress) pins Steven into an uncomfortable position to get him to tell the real Connie (who takes up her sword, ready to fight for Steven) how he really feels about the novel:
Cloud Connie: I know you like her! And I know you want her to like you too.
Steven: No, don't listen!
Cloud Connie: That's why you can't tell her the truth, but you ''want'' to! You wanna tell her!
Real Connie: Get off of him!
Cloud Connie: Tell her, Steven!
Steven [grunting] : I- unggggh...
Cloud Connie: Tell her!
Steven: Mmmmrng... - I liked the ending of the book!
Real Connie: What?
Steven: I-I thought it was sweet that Lisa and Archimicarus got together in the end! They were always so thoughtful towards each other, and I was so happy when they found the spell to make him human, and I loved every page about the cake, I wanted to draw a picture of it! I'm-I'm sorry I pretended not to like it, I just didn't want you to think less of me. [Cloud Connie vanishes]
- Gender Flipped in Monster House in which DJ and Chowder each grab one of Jenny's arms and try to tug her in opposite directions. Of course, they're also trying to get her out of the way of the Monster House's attack, but each one's insistence on pulling her in his direction is more a hindrance than a help.
- Another Gender Flipped version happened during an Eye Catch on Jem, where the titular character was pulled between her childhood love Rio and fellow rock legend Riot, both pining for the love of the same girl but each with one of her personalities (Jerrica for Rio and Jem for Riot).
- There's also the "Deception" Music Video in which Jem is Angsting over having lied to Rio about being two different people. In it, Jem and Jerrica tug on his arms from different directions and Rio literally tears in half. what looks like purple confetti comes out too. Subverted in the fact that Jem and Jerrica are the same person. Rio just doesn't know that. He is officially with Jerrica but kisses Jem and occasionally acts like they're together.
- In the Ed, Edd n Eddy episode Scrambled Ed, the kids do this to poor, sleep-deprived Edd: the other Eds pull at his legs, Rolf pulls at his left arm and Sarah and Jimmy pull at his right arm.