Girls: And me. And me too. And me.
Dingo: Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking.
Girls: A spanking! A spanking!
Dingo: And after the spanking, the oral sex.
Galahad: Well, I could stay a bit longer...
Corporal Punishment appears in fiction in various contexts. This trope concerns spanking adults as Fanservice, consensual or involuntary, that plays up to the audiences' fetishes. It might be an excuse from the creators to focus on the (often bare) bottom and show the audience power-play between people who are sexually attracted to each other.
It might happen that an adult, usually a beautiful lady, has done something stupid or childish, and someone else believes they have to punish them. However, instead of doing it with words, they give them a good old-fashioned spanking. It's usually not too severe and might be taken for fun. Someone who's into it might even engage in Mischief for Punishment.
Another use is when a romantic couple like to spice up their sex life, and spanking is a thing they both enjoy. Hopefully Safe, Sane, and Consensual. Spanking is usually enjoyed by those who love to play with the boundaries of pain, punishment and pleasure. A Dominatrix might also offer this as one of her services.
- Ikki Tousen has a couple of sexualized punishments of adults, starring an Action Girl Idiot Heroine and her Action Mom. Actually, a number of people watched the series because of Fanservice.
- Kanokon has an episode ending with erotic spanking happening between Kôta and Chizuru. Kôta was the one delivering the spanking and Chizuru is the one who tricked him into doing it.
- In Kotoura-san, the local pervert Manabe fantasizes about that in episode 4, if he finds his girlfriend Haruka who ran away from him at the end of episode 3.
- Two full chapters of Nana to Kaoru are focused on Nana receiving a spanking as part of her and Kaoru's bondage-based "breathers".
- Poor Emp. Count: Dream Sequence (twice, brought to you by Caged Demonwolf); from villains (implied); from ThugBoy (appears to be her fetish); from Ocelotina (for underestimating duct tape, no less). Well, what did you expect from a comic running on fetishes (specifically Bound and Gagged)?
- Ocelotina is implied to get some offscreen, being Emp's spiritual successor in terms of a Bound and Gagged Damsel in Distress, through making BSDM movies instead of fighting supervillains.
- The Golden Age Wonder Woman comics have several incidences, particularly once the Amazons discovered Man's World has tennis rackets...
- In City of Dreams during one of her masochistic dreams the protagonist doesn't agree to give her owner a blowjob, so he spanks her until she does.
- In a series◊ of◊ pictures◊ from a very old Superman comic, Superman spanks a woman and she likes it.
- Even Lois Lane gets the treatment: here. In which Lois transgresses on Superman's privacy, enters his Fortress of Solitude uninvited, and receives what in 1950's America would be seen as the appropriate and fitting punishment for her trespass. Weirdly, she has a great big happy Stepford smile on her face as she consumes breakfast, but from a standing position, as it is too painful for her to be able to sit down.
- Consensual spanking was a favourite activity of the Too Kinky to Torture heroine Cobweb in Tomorrow Stories. Exploited to its fullest potential in her crossover with Greyshirt.
- Tank Vixens: When Udda is captured Cpt. Zeera flogs her, in the S&M fashion, which kind of backfires.
- This is extremely popular in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lemons. Just about everyone female, from Faith to Dawn to Buffy to Willow, seems to be into spanking in fanfic. At least Willow and Anya were both confirmed to be into it by offhand remarks in "The I in Team".
- In Slipping Between Worlds, Assassin school teacher Miss Alice Band is forced, most reluctantly no doubt, to deliver a stern spanking to former pupil Jocasta Wiggs (who has disobeyed instructions). As this is a part of their Mentor Ship relation
- Fandom-Specific Plot in the That Guy with the Glasses fandom. Because he's such a brat, there seems to be a trend where The Nostalgia Critic gets spanked. Chick, The Other Guy, Ask That Guy, Nerd... nearly everyone's had a go with him.
- Secretary had Lee Holloway's boss, Mr. Grey, originally spanking Lee for typos. They later develop a BDSM relationship.
- In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Zoot and all the other maidens of Castle Anthrax beg Galahad to spank them, trying to invoke the trope, but nope, it's too perilous.
- Exit to Eden has a Rare Female Example. Dana Delany ties up Paul Mercurio, feels up up his naked body, pinches and squeezes his butt and then spanks him. After the spanking, she gives him a hand job.
- Normal Adolescent Behavior. Wendy has a fetish for spanking and begs Sean to do this. The scene was a blatant fetish and Big-Lipped Alligator Moment (the movie has a lot of them, though).
- The Killer Inside Me. It begins when the polite, seemingly normal Lou Ford is sent to encourage local prostitute Joyce Lakeland (played by Jessica Alba) to leave town. The confrontation leads to him beating her with a belt, and their romance begins. However, the beating is hard and this film is unflinchingly violent and gets even more disturbing.
- Project Moonbase (a 1953 film that Robert A. Heinlein co-wrote) had the bratty female astronaut (a colonel no less!) being threatened with spanking by her superior officer.
- Hounded. This 2006 German movie has a rare female on male example. Elsa Seifert, a probation officer, is helping a 16 year old juvenile delinquent get back on the right track. Eventually he offers to submit himself to her, which leads to her dominating him in a variety of ways, including spanking.
- In an episode of Coupling, there's the (unseen, naturally) pornographic Film Within A Show Lesbian Spank Inferno. Steve makes a spirited attempt to defend it as an artistic erotic movie about a lesbian film collective who (as a "spur to future excellence") give the loser of their film competition a spanking. And the winner, too, for some reason.
Susan: Two people? Still not much of an 'inferno!'
Steve: Well, then they all decide that they want a bit of a spanking.
Jill: Yeah, but why?
Steve: [at a loss] ...Sisterhood?
- In The Golden Rendezvous (1977), the protagonist threatens to spank an upper class Plucky Girl. She replies that she might well enjoy it.
- When Robin catches one of the wenches stealing money intended for Richard's ransom in The Ribald Tales of Robin Hood, he rips her skirt off—exposing her bare ass—and puts her over his knees and spanks her.
- In the spoof film Epic Movie, a parody of Mystique asks Peter what she should shape shift into before they have sex. He at firsts asks for bigger breasts and a larger ass. She calls it kinky and he then spanks her large ass after it finishes expanding. The monobrow, "big flabby grandma arms" and "bingo wings like a fat blue Britney Spears" kinda diminish the kinkiness a bit though...
- Humanx Commonwealth: In Bloodhype, brutish merchant captain Mal Hammurabi and outspokenly kinky Church agent Kitten Kai-Sung are at each others' throats for most of the novel. After Mal has finally had enough of her getting them nearly killed, he administers some "eleemosynary chastisement" over his knee, which turns in short order to loveplay.
- Svarog: The Accidental King by Alexander Bushkov: The titular hero thinks aloud that sixteen years old Empress Yana deserves some spanking, to which she jokingly replies she's already in the age where spanking a girl looks more like perversion than upbringing. Not long afterwards, she blunders into the Eldritch Abomination's lair out of stupid bravado and is not killed only because of Svarog's timely intervention. After they catch their breath, he suddenly bends her over a knee and goes through his threat with his trusty army belt, muttering in the process: "This is not a perversion but an upbringing coming a little late!"
- Though this hasn't happened so far in Doctor Who, it very nearly did. "The Prison in Space" (cancelled at the last minute and replaced by "The Krotons") would have ended with Zoe being spanked in order to cure her of her misandrist brainwashing by the aggressively matriarchal society they'd landed in. (Note that Jamie didn't actually know this was the cure.) Many years later, a copy of the script turned up and was adapted as an audiobook by Big Finish. Note that the episode was canceled not because of the scene in question, but because Frazer Hines was going to quit.
- The pilot of How I Met Your Mother reveals that Marshall and Lily engage in spank play, though he's reluctant while she eagerly eggs him on.
Lily: (laughs) Hit me? Please! This guy can barely spank me in bed for fun. He's all like "Oh honey did that hurt?" and I'm all like "C'mon let me have it ya pansy!" (beat) Wow, complete stranger.
- Californication: Charlie's Sexy Secretary deliberately messes up and demands that she must be punished. She's kinky and enjoys the spanking, and her boss Charlie Runkle, Hank's agent, gets into it as well. Hanks talks about it with him because Charlie's wife Marcy is concerned something is off. He tells Charlie that Marcy might be into spanking, too (and some other seriously freaky kinky stuff as well probably). They try it, but Marcy finds it too painful.
Charlie: One minute, I am sailing along. I'm being the guy who would never ever cheat on his wife. The next second, I'm spanking the bare naked ass of a 22-year-old girl.
Hank: I'm not gonna be judgemental, because, a) who the fuck am I to talk?, and b) what you just described sounds incredibly hot. But you got to get your shit together. All right? You owe it to Marcy.
- Subverted in Game of Thrones season 2. In a scene that was not in the books (but is by no means out of character,) King Joffrey is given a night with two whores in the hope that it might mellow him a bit. He orders one to hit the other, and they comply with some light erotic spanking. Then he gives the spanker his belt, and tells her to hit harder. Then he hands her a heavy wooden stick with spikes on it and orders her to keep going...
- Played with in an episode of The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon sees spanking as being a traditional punishment and inflicts it on his girlfriend as such. His girlfriend, (and by extension, the audience), is less naive and considers it a kinky adult activity. She very much takes her spanking for Unishment.
Sheldon: Excuse me! You're not supposed to be enjoying this!
Amy: Then maybe you should spank me harder.
Sheldon: Maybe I will!
- Midsomer Murders has an episode where three women offer specific roleplaying sex scenarios, one of which involves the woman finding the guy in her stables and deciding to punish the thief then and there with her riding crop. Crosses over with Comedic Spanking when Barnaby finds a client while holding the crop. The client, unaware the dominatrix is unavailable due to the murder investigation, sees nothing wrong and bends over, giggling all the while.
- In an episode of the American Queer as Folk, Brian and Justin attempt to engage in erotic spanking, but quickly decide it's just silly.
- In the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Elaan of Troyus", Kirk threatens to punish Royal Brat Elaan by spanking her. A few minutes later, after she's used her Love Potion tears on him, she asks what "spanking" is. He says they'll "talk about it later" before, well...
- In one episode of That '70s Show after Donnas first day at Catholic school, she tells the gang that after she talked back to the nun, she humiliated her by taking her to the front of the class and spanking her, Eric, Hyde, Kelso, and Fez get turned on by this.
- In Ally McBeal, the nebbishy John hears that his new sexpot girlfriend Nelle is into erotic spanking and that it's her greatest erotic fantasy. In an effort to please her, he tricks her into leaning over his lap and then starts whacking her behind with the back of a hairbrush. Outraged by the apparent assault, Nelle goes ballistic as John sputters apologies.
- Dollhouse. Ivy discovers just how weird the Dollhouse can get when programmable Sex Slave Sierra, speaking in an upper-class British accent, informs her that while she doesn't like Orientals she could hardly object if Ivy tied her down and spanked her. Ivy's expression alone makes the scene hilarious.
- In Dexter, Frank Lundy flirts with Debra and jokes about their age difference, saying, "You're not too old to spank," then smacks her on the bottom. She finds this a huge turn-on.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Willow refers to Riley as Buffy's "spanking new boyfriend" and Anya matter-of-factly replies that she and Xander also enjoy spanking. Later, when Buffy playfully threatens punishing Riley, Willow pouts "Everyone's getting spanked but me."
- In Togetherness, Michelle tries this spanking on Brett as a way of spicing up their sex life. It goes horribly wrong, resulting in a Vomit Discretion Shot.
- In Louie, Louie tries to hook up with the mother of one of his daughter's classmates. She tells him to spank her, promising to put out if he does. So he starts spanking her, and she begins to say things like, "I'm a bad girl, Daddy." Louie starts to get into it, and begins spanking her harder. This trope is ultimately subverted when out of nowhere, she starts sobbing uncontrollably and repeating over and over "I'm sorry, Daddy! I'm sorry, Daddy!" Leaving Louie sitting there and wondering what the hell just happened.
- During the reelection arc in The West Wing, the president gives his wife a smack on the bottom for cutting his tie right before the debate is supposed to start. While it's not a kinky situation, the look on her face after it makes it obvious this is one of her kinks.
- Upstairs Downstairs: A very mild example. In one episode, Georgina and James (Kissing Cousins, though Georgina is adopted) get into a flirtatious play fight that ends with her across his knee being spanked with a newspaper. They stop as soon as Hudson walks in.
- Big Love has Bill Henderson, a member of an offshoot Mormon sect, engaged in a hidden polygamous marriage to three women. He discovers the youngest had an affair with one of his employees before he married her. To protect her reputation he threatens to expose the employee for having unmarried sex. The young man acquiesces, but wants Bill to know "all that spanking stuff was her idea"- not saying which way the spanking went, but leaving Bill looking very nonplussed.
- Ripping Yarns:
- "Tomkinson's Schooldays": The headmaster of Graybridge School thoroughly enjoys being paddled by the schoolboys. Beating the headmaster appears to be a common form of discipline, hated and dreaded by the boys.
- "Roger of the Raj": Morrison, an unfortunate British soldier, inadvertently alludes to kinky spanking during one formal regimental dinner party as the women are retiring to a drawing room note . For this terrible faux pas, he's given the option of suicide before dishonour.
Lady Bartlesham: So, ladies, shall we retire?
Captain Morrison: We'll be in to spank you later, you firm-buttocked young Amazons, you. [Beat] I'm terribly sorry. I don't know what came over me.
Lord Bartlesham: All right, Morrison. I think you know what to do.
- This was pin-up girl Bettie Page's specialty, more or less. (As the spankee.)
- While Trish Stratus took the hard road to WWF's Women's title belt, managing to earn narrow victories or hard fought time limit draws against more experienced wrestlers like Ivory, Jacqueline and Jazz her rival valets Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler and Terri Runnels took an easy route and dared Stratus to defend the belt in Gimmick Matches that involved removing each other's clothing, wrestling barefoot in lingerie and yes, hitting each other on the butt with paddles. An irate Molly Holly called out Stratus for taking these dares and showed her disdain by choking Stratus with a pair of lingerie panties and breaking a paddle over her head.
- This was Chris Jericho's main contribution to "The Battle Of The Sexes" Tag Team match jerkass general manager Eric Bischoff booked on pay per view after learning of his and Christian's relationship troubles with Trish Stratus and Lita, largely because Jericho didn't take the match seriously and thought it fitting "punishment" when Stratus would not apologize nor accept his. Christian was far more violent though and battered both women for the win. Bischoff liked this so much he booked an immediate rematch, leading to a remorseful Jericho to simply forfeit for his team, killing his friendship with Christian in the process.
- Candice Michelle and Torrie Wilson were part of a Girl Posse Power Trio known as Vince's Devils, which ended when Michelle beat up Wilson for not cheating well enough to help Michelle win WWE's women's title belt from Trish Stratus. However, the resulting "feud" was a series of fan service heavy Gimmick Matches where now baby face Wilson continuously humiliated Michelle up until a Paddle On A Pole match where Michelle managed to knock Wilson down long enough to race up the pole unhindered. Wilson, still on the mat, looked up in horror as Michelle sat on the top rope, staring down with a sadistic grin. Wilson seemed frozen in fear as Michelle approached while tapping the paddle on her palm for added effect. Then Michelle helped Wilson up and demanded to spanked, which lead to the two women playfully spanking each other. Officially Michelle was declared the winner, underwent a HeelFace Turn, and a got another shot at the women's title belt by winning more of these titillation type gimmick matches.
- Sarita and Rosita of TNA got a good spanking apiece — and at a pay-per-view, no less! This was well after TNA had otherwise stopped living up to its initialism.
- Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical: In the original infamous Seventies porn movie, one of the girls is spanked by a male librarian. When the movie was adapted as an Off-Broadway musical in 2002, the scene was made a Gender-Inverted Trope. Unlike the movie, the musical does not contain any actual sex or nudity and there are musical numbers standing in for sex or used for comic effect.
- In God Hand, after managing to dizzy a female mook, Gene has the option of spanking her rapid-fire style for extra damage. It's also the best way to deal with Shannon, the primary female demon Gene encounters. The entire fight was fanservice galore.
- A post-mortem example can be found in Fallout 4. A (male) skeleton is lying across another (female) skeleton's lap, with a cutting board placed on the male's back, which can be found in an outhouse on Spectacle Island.
- As a sex comedy, Ménage à 3 inevitably builds this into a few jokes.
- Zii is inevitably Too Kinky to Torture; see strip #188, August 10, 2009 (NSFW).
- "Anatomy lessons" shows an incident that perhaps started out more as Comedic Spanking, although it's not clear that DiDi ever actually intended to chastise the bound Yuki, who she thought was a burglar. Yuki's interpretation of the situation is in character.
- Yuki hogties DiDi with NES controller cords and tells her she'll only be released when she admits that Gary is Yuki's boyfriend; DiDi doesn't, so Yuki spanks her. That may be more Comedic Spanking, but then DiDi seems to be getting into it, until Zii comes in. (Strip #612, June 12, 2012, onwards — NSFW).
- And Tracy ropes Gary into assisting with one of her spanking-based Webcam performances.
- Being a BDSM-themed comic, Sunstone has this as part of the game for Ally and Lisa.
- Manic Pixie Dream Wife:
- Simone once pretends she's a naughty baby and wants to be spanked, asking Chance if he wants her to take the diaper off first. It's one of the examples when Simone tries to be whimsical and sexy, but it doesn't quite work.
- Serenity playfully takes Chance's ruler and later gives him a light swat. She jokes that Chance has some Fifty Shades of Grey tendencies.
- Parodied, albeit in a rather Black Comedy way, in Batman: The Animated Series episode "Harley & Ivy" when three obnoxious rubberneckers in a car (drawn to resemble the show's creators) start wolf-whistling and cat-calling at Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn while stopped at a traffic light. When Ivy chides them for being rude, one of them starts slapping his backside suggestively and asks "What're you gonna do, spank us?" Harley Quinn replies "That's right, pigs... and here's the paddle!" as she whips out one hell of a big paddle indeed; big enough to spank their car.
- In the American Dad! episode "The Missing Kink", after Francine objects to Stan spanking Steve, Stan spanks her to demonstrate that spanking is harmless. She ends up finding it to be a turn-on.
- In a case of Getting Crap Past the Radar, in one episode of Codename: Kids Next Door, the protagonists get rid of Count Spankulot by tricking him into spanking a judge and his wife; he's arrested for it, but the judge's wife is in the courtroom when he's sentenced, smiling and waving at him. (Suggesting she likes that sort of thing.)
- The Simpsons: Katja and Viki aka 'scantily clad coeds' who rent a room at Ned Flander's house explore their sexuality "without restraint" and have a web page sexyslumberparty.com. During one scene, one of them spanks the other with a framed picture.
- Tuca & Bertie: Speckle tries to satisfy Bertie's request to try something new sexually by spanking her. But when he starts calling her a "bad bird" she begins to cry uncontrollably, leading him to abort it.