Imagining watching your favorite Professional Wrestling show and your favorite was already in the ring just as the show came back from commercial. It's the jobber entrance, where Jobbers normally get that treatment. However, it became more common place as explained below:
Examples:Brooklyn Brawler, Lanny Poffo and Barry Horowitz), and many of them were small-time local wrestlers hired specifically to put over touring talent. It was also a bit more common in the early to mid Nineties, when RAW was only an hour long.
Ever since RAW went to a three-hour format beginning with the 1000th episode on July 23, 2012, it became very common for more wrestlers to get their entrances cut out to make room for more commercials, social media, recaps, and backstage segments. Jobber entrances have also been very common on Smackdown and to a lesser extent, WWE Main Event. It's not as common during WWE Superstars, Saturday Morning Slam, and the PPVs, however most of the participants of the Andre the Giant battle royal at WrestleMania XXX got jobber entrances (thanks to the Rock. Or more like, everyone got it for the Rock).
The wrestlers that are prone to jobber entrances are the lower card and midcard guys, Divas, and local independent talent they bring in for Squash Matches, although occasionally most of the main eventers (e.g. everyone except John Cena and CM Punk) had their entrances cut out as well.
- Jobber Entrances have become so common in the rated PG era that Smackdown started to subvert the trope. 1/31/2014 saw Kofi Kingston and Cody Rhodes have jobber entrances but win their matches after looking like they were going to lose like they usually do.
- At NXT Takeover: New Orleans, Tommaso Ciampa came out for his unsanctioned match with Johnny Gargano with no music, but it didn't mattered because he was instantly showered with boos and hollering on his way to the ring due to betraying Gargano eariler and disbanding their tag team, and he happened to win that match. It was revealed to be a technical mishap later, but the effect was so great that Ciampa kept coming out with no music for several weeks before finally getting it played.
TNA / Impact WrestlingJobber entrances aren't nearly as common in TNA/Impact Wrestling.
- Jeff Jarrett was given jobber entrances as punishment after Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff took over.
- On the 5/3/2010 edition of Impact, the sheer number of big matches and segments they'd crammed in caused several jobber entrances - including Desmond Wolfe, who was chosen by the fans as number 1 contender for the World Championship! This should have been an early sign to the TV audience that his title match against Rob Van Dam would end in a quick burial.note
- On the 7/24/2014 edition of Impact, the Bromans got two jobber entrances, against Low Ki and The Great Muta, which caused Robbie E to complain about it.
- Same goes for Ring of Honor.
- Common in the Corrigan era. Interestingly, none of the wrestlers get musicnote , but signed talent will still receive an announced entrance and walk through the backstage curtain to face an opponent who is already in the ring.