open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- This — that he is still "alive" after 1665, personally granting himself in what he calls a "coarse but sincere stanza" — is the last thought left in Daniel Defoe's historical novel Journal of the Plague Year.
- Doctor Who - The Tenth Doctor's final episode uses this for a very cruel Hope Spot. After being warned that Your Days Are Numbered and narrowly preventing the return of his own people (which would doom the rest of the universe), the Doctor whispers to himself "I'm still alive..." - and then Wilf knocks four times.
- Portal's GLaDOS gets a whole song devoted to this, which serves as the series Sequel Hook.
- In Mass Effect 3, vorcha multiplayer characters can say this when revived by a teammate. Also, in the singleplayer DLC module Citadel, if brought along for the final mission, EDI can say this after being forcibly unplugged from the rest of the ship when the Clone and his/her mercenary goons hijack the Normandy, and having to do a hard restart because of it. Shepard and Joker are not entirely convinced, as her eyes are all askew.
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis has Jill get infected with the T-virus by the Nemesis and falls unconscious. She is out cold for at least three days with Carlos taking care of her until she wakes up. She notes to herself that she's still alive.
- In Beast Wars, Tarantulas exclaims a variation of this after being restored to his new body. Parallels to Frankenstein completely intentional.
Tarantulas: I live... I live!
- In the second episode of Gargoyles, Goliath shouts two variations of this in rapid succession.
Goliath: We're alive! We survived!
- Deadpool screams this trope with glee at the end of Hulk Vs.. Wolverine when it's revealed that he's the only Weapon X member (out of himself, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, and Omega Red) to survive the Hulk's rampage. As he belts this out a second time, the Hulk lands on him. Deadpool's agonizing groans can be faintly heard afterward.
- In The Incredibles after Dash is flung off one of the hovering vehicle things, crashes through the rainforest canopy, and saves himself by clinging to a vine, he steps onto the ground, checks himself over and says "I'm Alive, yahoo!" in surprise and elation.
- I think one VeggieTales movie has a character say this lie in the bloopers after falling off in the set (in the scene, it's a very high cliff)