Stock Phrase for threatening to hit someone so hard, the damage will spread to his friend, his mom, his hair or even an abstract concept.
Often used in tandem with If You Ever Hurt Her, Badass Boast, To the Pain or Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon. Sometimes used as a Pre-Asskicking One-Liner. Can be literal if Synchronization or a Psychic Link is involved (doubly so for Twin Telepathy).
If the harm is financial rather than physical — say, Alice is threatening to sue Bob — it may be a more realistic threat like "I'll sue you so hard your grandkids will be in debt."
Not to be confused with Hit So Hard, the Calendar Felt It. Also the X in question is not necessarily referring to an ex-lover.
Compare If I Wanted You Dead...
- An American Football videogame (probably Blitz) featured an intercut between a little old lady shopping grocery store and 2 players on the field. When one player tackles the other, the old lady is sent flying into a display with the tagline "The game with hits so hard, your mamma's mamma will feel it."
- Alice does this several times in Dilbert, including once when she punished the MBA-degree economists she blames for the recession by punching one of them so hard it would hurt everyone who has the same degree. Another time, she literally used a man's suspenders to snap him into next week.
- This Get Fuzzy strip had this;
Bucky: Give it or I'll take it and punch you so hard you'll see your forefathers.
Satchel: Is that supposed to be a threat? Punch me and send me to a lovely Nova Scotia family reunion? I'll take that deal.
- A popular Doctor Who internet meme centering on Rory Williams:
"Rory once punched the Eleventh Doctor. The First Doctor felt it."
- In Words Fail a fellow Slytherin makes a quip about Hermione being "easy" and Harry doesn't take it particularly well.
Harry: And if any of you ever see fit to say anything disparaging about her or any of my friends again, there might not be a crowd of witnesses around to stop me from cursing you so that your grandchildren will hate you for it.
- In Love of Legend several of Harry's boyfriend's teammates try to kidnap Harry. Needless to say, said boyfriend isn't too pleased with them.
Kieran: What the fuck is the meaning of this? You better answer me now, Wolf. Or I swear I'm gonna kick your ass so much that your grandkids are gonna feel it!
- In the Hetalia: Axis Powers fanfiction Never Before, America sends England a telegram, detailing his views on Japan bombing Pearl Harbor.
CLEARLY THE ANSWER IS TO SHOVE MY JETS SO FAR UP JAPAN'S ASS THAT HIS ANCESTORS FEEL IT AND CALL OFF THE ATTACK BEFORE IT HAPPENS STOP
- Somebody To Die For:
Tony: So, question. Are you now Lady Potter-Black-Coulson or do people just refer to you as Potter-Black? And also, does this make Phil royalty where you're from since he's married to you?
Harley: You're lucky I'm not allowed to use magic, Mr. Stark, because otherwise I'd hex your naughty bits so that your children's children will be able to feel it.
- Harry Potter and the Curse of a Soul:
Stephen: I'm gonna beat you into the ground so bad for what you did yesterday that your grandkids are gonna feel it.
- In Ninja Wizard Book 5 Remus asks Neville how his parents are.
Neville: Over the moon. The whole family is, really. He's bound to be a thumping good wizard, you know.
Neville: The new baby, of course. Who else would Uncle Algie be talking about? Certainly not me.
Harry: That's it. I'm kicking Uncle Algie's ass so hard his ancestors will feel it. Better yet, you should. He's obviously not learned his lesson.
- Dual Worlds:
Daniel: Now, I'm leaving this place and if you try to stop me, I'm going to hurt you so much, that your grandchildren will still be feeling it.
- The Final Horcrux:
Snape: Unhand my mate this instant, Lucius, or I will make sure your ancestors feel your punishment.
- Coming Back:
Fred: Alexander Sirius Potter! Come here this instant or I will tan your hide so badly your grandchildren will feel it!
- Maybe, Someday, Perhaps:
Draco: And. . .may I call you Ron and Hermione?
Hermione: Yes, you may. But. . .any Mudblood comments and I will hex you so hard your ancestors will feel it.
- Mulan was told that punching and butt-slapping is a friendly gesture for men. Mulan did this to Yao in the wrong way and naturally, it caused a stir in Yao's rather short temper. Hilariously, Chien Po happily remarks "Look, Yao, you made a friend!"
Yao: I'm gonna hit you so hard, it'll make your ancestors dizzy!
- Over the Hedge:
Stella: I'm gonna gas you so hard, your grandchildren will stink!
- Dutch: Delivered by the title character in an amiable whisper:
Dutch: You hurt her, and I'll hit you so fucking hard your dog will bleed, 'kay?
- The inexorable Street Fighter movie, featuring Jean-Claude Van Damme hamming it up as Guile.
Guile: Well, I'm not going to go home. I'm gonna get on my boat, I'm gonna go up river and I'm gonna kick that sonovabitch Bison's ass so HARD! That the next Bison wannabe, is gonna feel it!
- Tank Girl. While fighting Kesslee, Tank Girl says (in a voice like Muhammad Ali):
"I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised."
- In Multiplicity, Doug issues the following threat to Doug #2 in front of Doug #3:
"I'll hit you so hard I'll kill him!"
- The Faculty: Mild-mannered teacher Ms. Burke, after she's been infected with the alien parasite, drops this bomb on Zeke:
"I'm sick of you, little boy! And if I have to see you peddling your little Wonder Dust again, I'm gonna shove my foot so far up your ass, you'll be sucking my toes 'till graduation!"
- The Goonies: After getting tied to a chair, Brand threatens Mikey and the other kids this way:
"I am going to hit all of you so hard that when you wake up, your clothes will be out of style!"
- In Captain Underpants book 6:
Mr. Krupp: I'm gonna punish you so bad, your kids will be born with detentions!
- From The Dresden Files:
"I will kill you so hard, your last ten victims will make miraculous recoveries."
- Literal but unspoken example: At the end of the Discworld book Mort, the title character ends up in a duel with Death during which he receives a slap to the face that leaves a permanent mark. When Mort's daughter Susan is introduced in Soul Music, she has an identical mark. Death really did hit Mort so hard his child felt it.
- In the Revenge of the Sith Novelization, Grievous is at one point so fed up with Nute Gunray that he resists the inclination to "boot the Viceroy so high he'd burn up on reentry."
- In the X-Wing Series of novels, a chemically augmented Gamorrean's thoughts alternates between detached analysis of his own blaster wounds and rage at his opponent, but both thoughts are in his erudite manner. Hit him so hard members of his family light-years away cry out in pain and fear.
- Kelly from Misfits is repeatedly accused of being a Chav and she eventually responds to this by screaming at another girl:
"If you call me that one more time, I'll kick you so hard in the c*nt, your mum will feel it!"
- In the first episode of Leverage, the nascent team gets played by the villain, and Elliot threatens "I'm gonna hurt him so bad even people who look like him are gonna bleed."
- A variant from Law & Order, after McCoy has charged his old friend with a crime: "Once I get this dismissed I'll hit you with so many lawsuits your grandkids will be answering motions."
- Everybody Hates Chris:
- Rochelle once threatened Chris that she'll "smack him so hard, your race will change". She smacks him and he's suddenly Chinese.
- In "Everybody Hates Funerals" when Chris stands up for Rochelle in front of the obnoxious relatives, his grandmother threatens to "knock him into another family". Gilligan Cut to him on the couch of a white family.
White Mother: Who are you?
Chris: You don't want to know.
- A variant from A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift Of All: Steve sees a tiny Willie Nelson. Asked how he got there, Willie says:
Willie: Stephen, I'm so high, you're hallucinating.
- Doctor Who: In the episode "Kill the Moon", a very upset Clara told the Doctor, "If you don't tell me what that was about I'll slap you so hard you'll regenerate!"
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: Used by Uncle Phil when chewing out a racist cop in "Mistaken Identity".
Uncle Phil: Just open that damn cell and let those two boys out of there, or I'm gonna tie this place up with so much litigation that your grandchildren are gonna need lawyers!
- Las Vegas: In one episode, a prosthetic foot belonging to a boxing champion's assistant is stolen and he refuses to fight until he gets it back. The casino's manager Ed Deline, a former CIA operative, puts the culprits all in one room, then makes some very pointed threats including that unless the foot shows up, when he's done with them "their kids will come out well-behaved". He quietly leaves and returns 10 minutes later to get the foot.
- From The Amazing BrandO's Castlevania 3 song:
Trevor Belmont: I am gonna whip (whip crack) you (whip crack) so hard your mom will feel it!
- During his 2/14/11 comeback promo, The Rock was interrupted by Michael Cole and the "anonymous" Raw general manager. Needless to say, The Rock did not take that too well.
The Rock: Michael Cole, if you take one more step towards that computer, The Rock will get out of this ring and slap the taste so far out of your mouth you'll never get it back.
- In Warhammer 40,000, during the Horus Heresy, the loyalist Primarch Sanguinius attempts to fight the traitor Primarch Horus. Horus, who by this time is hopped up on the power of all four Chaos gods, hits Sanguinius with a psychic attack so hard all of his genetic children felt it—the Black Rage of the Blood Angels is them suddenly reliving their Primarch's last moments, and they turn into furious berserkers ready to rip and tear the guts out of anything nearby, friend or foe.
- Arena master from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
"You hit that Orc so hard, even her mother in Orsinium started bleeding!"
- Kid from Chrono Cross
"I'll kick yer sorry arse so hard you'll kiss the moons!"
- World of Warcraft: The tooltip for Archimonde's "Finger of Death" spell:
"Strikes an enemy with the finger of death, inflicting 20000 shadow damage upon them, their children, and their children's children."
- Ronfar from Lunar: Eternal Blue:
"Kid, I'm gonna spank you so hard that your grandkids are gonna feel it!"
- Scolar Visari, from Killzone makes a threat like this in the second game on behalf of the entire Helghan army, in true Large Ham style.
- Spandex Force 2: Superhero U:
Player character: Move out of the way, grampa, or I'm gonna punch you so hard your grandchildren will feel it!
- Icewind Dale 2 had an axe, Widowthrough, that got its name because its wielder, when a rival claimed his blade was sharp enough to make widows out of every man in town, replied that his axe was sharp enough to kill the widows, too.
- Angels 2200: (Whiskey to Kid's younger sister)
"I will put you on the ground so hard, even your brylcream [sic] will feel it."
- Touhou Nekokayou: "I will hit you so hard, your descendants will feel it!" (this page, panels 7-9) And they do.
- Least I Could Do: Generational Sodomy: When a man skullfucks another man so hard, his great-grandchild reaches for the back of his head and says ow.
- The Adventures of Dr. McNinja: When speaking to his younger son, Dan McNinja says
I will smack you so hard your grandchildren will be mentally disabled
- This Evon comic: "If you EVER suggest something like that again, I'll kick you in the crotch so hard people will see your balls when you COUGH!"note
- In Something*Positive, when Fred realises what a Jerkass Monette's dad is, he threatens to "beat him so hard, it'll send ripples back in time and prevent his granddaddy from plantin' baby seeds."
- Two Lumps: the trash-talking in this strip"
"I'm gonna overflow your stack so hard your momma has a segmentation fault!"
- Wondermark: "The Line Between Sour and Sweet" has this among its various trash talk:
"I'm gonna hit you so hard it'll ripple up the generations to our common ancestor, then back down until I'll feel it!"
- The Order of the Stick: The eternally short and short-tempered Belkar threatens a vampire Durkon thusly after yet another creative attempt on his life courtesy of a failed Will save.
Belkar: I am going to shove the sunshine so far up where the sun don't shine that you will vomit nothing but warm summer days!!
- Oglaf: an Amazon angry about gender-related vocabulary specificities gives us this pearl:
"I will kick you so hard in the gender-non-specific cunt that your next period is coming through your nose!"
- Schlock Mercenary: Murtaugh cutting off Thurl before he could fire off a painful punnote :
Murtaugh: Thurl. If you say "getting busy" I will punch you so hard you'll have to spawn child processes just to feel all the pain.
- The Penguins of Madagascar, "Sting Operation":
Hornet: I sting you so hard your great-grandchildren say ouch!
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius:
Cindy: I'll hit you so hard in the mouth it will wake up your dentist!
- In the Futurama episode "Xmas Story", Fry tries to avert Robot Santa's wrath by offering to put out milk and cookies. Robot's Santa's response?
Robot Santa: You dare bribe Santa? I'm going to shove coal so far up your stocking you'll be coughing up diamonds!
- The banned Popeye cartoon "Seein' Red White 'N Blue" has both Popeye and Bluto laying a smackdown on Japanese saboteurs. Popeye's pre-punch one-liner "Your Emperor in Japan will feel this!" rings true. The punch travels all the way to Japan, where it knocks Hirohito over the backside of the horse he's riding:
Hirohito: It should happen to Hitler!
- The inevitable Simpsons example, complete with Lampshade Hanging:
Bart: I'll hit you so hard your whole family will feel it!
Lisa: Bart, you're in my family.
Bart: Shut up!
- In the final episode of Fantastic Four: The Animated Series, the Thing says of Doctor Doom "This time, I'll hit ya so hard, your grandkids'll be born bouncin'!"
- An episode in The Angry Beavers, Dagget annoys Norbert so much that he threatens to knock him into last week. This threat comes true and this repeats and becomes a "Groundhog Day" Loop. At the end, Dagget gets knocked back into the Stone Age.
- Parodied in the "A Very Dragon Ball Z Christmas" sketch of Robot Chicken, where when Mrs. Claus is revealed as the Big Bad, the reindeer start making threats of this type against her ("Let's beat her up so bad, her kids'll inherit the bruises!"), which quickly devolves into hurling random insults about how fat and ugly she is and the like. Santa has to interject to remind them "that's still my wife, guys".
- DuckTales (2017): When they meet Scrooge's sister Matilda, Dewey excitedly asks her "Did you ever threaten to hit your sibling so hard your other sibling would feel it, and then they did?" and smacks Louie, causing Louie and Huey to react in pain.