A link somewhere on the Internet sent you to this page.
Due to the ambiguity of the term "history", this former trope has been disambiguated. It may refer to one of the following:
- Artistic License History: Inaccuracies in history in general by creators because of plot demands or simple gaffes.
- Dated History: When a story's elements are rendered inaccurate by new historical discoveries and insights.
- Failed Future Forecast: When a story makes a prediction about the future that is proven incorrect.
- Future Society, Present Values: Stories written in the past but roughly set in what is now the present or in the future incorrectly assume that their values will persist through time.
- Harsher in Hindsight: A scene, joke, offhand line, or plotline that, due to traumatic events in future episodes of a show or in real life, now makes the viewer cringe when it is seen in reruns.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: When a later event, such as a current event or something that happened in the series, contrives to make something funnier than it originally was.
- Unintentional Period Piece: A work that makes so many references to current trends and events that it becomes prematurely dated within a short time period.
- Zeerust: When the technological aesthetics of a story set in the future become dated due to intervening advances in technology.
Please change any link to refer to the correct trope.
I guess TV Tropes marches on too, eh?