An index of tropes involving or taking place in the grocery store.
- Doomed Supermarket Display: When a stacked supermarket display gets knocked over, often by a stray shopping cart.
- Express Lane Limit: When a customer tries to pay for more than the desired number of items in the express lane.
- Going to the Store: A character will often use this as an excuse, usually without giving the true reason or planning to return.
- Grocery Store Episode: An episode where a character goes to the grocery store.
- ISO-Standard Urban Groceries: Groceries always come in a paper bag with a stick of French bread.
- Oh Wait, This Is My Grocery List: When someone gets a piece of paper mixed up with their grocery list, but usually doesn't realize it until later.
- Severely Specialized Store: When stores only sell one thing.
- Shopping Cart Antics: When characters do crazy things with shopping carts outside of their original purposes.
- Shopping Montage: Can be shown when the character shops for their groceries.
- Soul-Sucking Retail Job: Employees of supermarkets and huge grocery stores usually hate their job.
- Teachers out of School: Often times a student would react this way if their teacher is out shopping.
- Villains Out Shopping: Often times the hero would react this way if they see the villain here.
- Welcome to Evil Mart: When the supermarket is owned by villains.