Tropes that involve facial hair: Beards, mustaches, eyebrows, sideburns, and any combination thereof. Tends to be a masculine trait, with few exceptions. Should not be confused with Growing the Beard, though overlap is not unheard of.
- Animal Facial Hair: Want to give your anthro character uniqueness? Give him a beard.
- Bearded Baby: Babies and prepubescent children somehow have facial hair.
- Dangerously Close Shave: A facial shave turns fatal or threatens to.
- Facial Scruff: When facial hair is seen as odd, unsightly, unseemly or slovenly.
- Girls with Moustaches: Ladies have facial hair.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: Using different facial hair configurations to show a character's morality.
- Manly Facial Hair: Facial hair is indicative of masculinity and toughness.
- Perma-Shave: A character gets a perpetual smooth chin.
- Perma-Stubble: A character gets a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.
- There Will Be Toilet Paper: Shaving for the first time is a sting. Patch it up with toilet paper.
- Beardness Protection Program: Hiding from someone or something? Grow a beard so that no one will notice.
- Beard of Barbarism: Men of "uncivilized" cultures sport a wild beard.
- Beard of Evil: Evil guys with evil beards.
- Beard of Sorrow: Growing a beard means depression.
- Captain Color Beard: A pirate has a name that describes the kind of beard they have (e.g. a pirate with a brown beard named Brownbeard).
- Godiva Hair: In rare male cases, when a man's beard is long enough to cover his private parts.
- Hot-Blooded Sideburns: Men with a burning passion for facial fashion.
- Seadog Beard: Even King Neptune himself envies such seafaring men with seafaring beards.
- Solid Cartoon Facial Stubble: Beard stubble is illustrated as a patch of solid color.
- Stroke the Beard: A character contemplates by caressing their facial hair.
- Time-Passage Beard: A character ends up growing a long beard to accentuate that a long amount of time has passed.
- Weird Beard: There are times when a sentence rhymes, when non-humans without hair still have beards to wear.
- Wizard Beard: A wizard is not complete with a Robe and Wizard Hat without his magical beard.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: A character is on fleek!
- Big Ol' Unibrow: A character with a big unibrow.
- Disembodied Eyebrows: "Is that your hair? Or your eyebrows?"
- Evil Eyebrows: Arched eyebrows as a sign of villainy..
- Fascinating Eyebrow: The look that makes you go "Hmmmm..."
- No Brows: A character with no fleek.
- Oddly Visible Eyebrows: Even with bangs, the eyebrows are still showing.
- Unusual Eyebrows: Eyebrows that you think are wildly painted, but are their natural eyebrows.
- Magnificent Moustaches of Mexico: Hombres from Mexico get a distinguished bigote.
- Mustache Vandalism: Draw a mustache on a person you dislike.
- Porn Stache: A mustache with a "Bow Chicka Wow Wow" factor.
- Spontaneous Mustache: A man is capable of growing a mustache instantly.