Electro swing is an emerging genre of music, combining samples from genres such as swing, jazz, and big band with EDM, house, hip-hop, and so on. The result? Incredibly catchy.
- 11 Acorn Lane
- Caravan Palace
- Caro Emerald
- Electric Swing Circus
- Fake Type
- Parov Stelar (Considered by many to be the founder of the genre.)
- The (Real) Tuesday Weld (frontman Stephen Coats refers to their style as "antique beat")
- Tape Five
- Yolanda Be Cool with their hit We No Speak Americano.
- The battle theme for OFF, "Pepper Steak," is done in this style.
- Most of Odjbox's works
- Scatman John (albeit more as a novelty than an honest-to-goodness genre)
Tropes associated with the genre:
- Anachronism Stew: Flapper girls, speakeasies, and robots often share face time in the imagery associated with electro swing.
- Diesel Punk: By remixing vintage jazz, swing, and big band music with EDM, house, and hip-hop, electro swing achieves this effect.
- Ear Worm: Take the two catchiest, most danceable forms of music ever and remix them together. Could it be anything but?
- Memetic Mutation: Parov Stelar's "Catgroove" has been remixed with numerous videos and .gifs, most frequently set to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- This would not be the last time Ponies would meet this genre, either. Caravan Palace would get the 'PMV' treatment, too.
- Fake Type's "Nightmare Parade" also spawned an animated dance craze. The band even released their own animated video featuring Ms. Iwasake and Baron Ham as Funny Animals doing said dance.