When a character or characters decide to nibble on something (or sometimes eat a whole meal) without bothering to put on clothes first. This can be done for any number of reasons. It might be because they are a nudist, they might be taking a bath at the same time or they might not have access to their clothes temporarily.
This trope can overlap with Naked People Are Funny if it is meant as a gag or punchline.
Compare and contrast Naked Apron which is about cooking while naked but does not necessarily involve eating.
Caution: this should probably not be attempted in Real Life when consuming hot foods and beverages.
And please remember to adhere to TV Tropes' No Lewdness, No Prudishness policy when adding examples.
- A commercial for the fashion retailer Bluefly shows a naked woman sitting with her family at the Thanksgiving dinner table because she has "nothing to wear".
- Judy Greer appeared in a commercial for Hormel lunchmeat where she served hors d'oeuvres to a group of clothes-free "naturalists".
- During one of the Burger King and The Simpsons promotional crossovers, one ad featured Animated Outtakes where Homer keeps screwing up a simple recording of him eating a Double Whopper (dropping it, drooling on it, poking himself in the eye with the boom mike etc.), and ends with a shot of Homer having stripped down to his underwear. At this point, the film team gives up and just uses the audio from the least disastrous take; Homer mumbling the words for the ad with a mouthful of burger.
Homer: What? I get sweaty when I eat!
- The Impressionist painting "The Luncheon in the Grass" by Édouard Manet (see the page image) depicts two clothed men and a nude woman having a picnic in the countryside. The painting caused scandal and was rejected by the Paris Salon when it was first exhibited, causing Manet and some others to start his own exhibit and make a new art movement.
- In About a Boy, Will drinks a beer in the bath.
- In Arthur, Arthur drinks a martini in the bath.
- In The Big Short, Margot Robbie explains the intricacies of subprime mortgages while sipping champagne in a bubble bath.
- In Gummo, Solomon eats his dinner while bathing in dirty water.
- In I Really Hate My Job, Abi strips naked in front of everyone in the restaurant she works at and takes a sip from a glass of wine.
- In the opening of Milk, Harvey and his new boyfriend Scott share a birthday cake in bed.
- Played with in Old School when a naked Frank gets into his wife's SUV and he asks if KFC is still open.
- Subverted in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: Pintel and Ragetti tell Elizabeth that if she does not dine with Captain Barbossa, as she refuses to do, then she will be dining with the Black Pearl crew, naked. Elizabeth reluctantly changes her mind, much to Pintel and Ragetti's disappointment.
- In Thunderbirds, Lady Penelope drinks her tea while relaxing in the tub.
- An elderly couple celebrates their 50th anniversary by staying at the same bed & breakfast where they celebrated their honeymoon. Come breakfast time the next morning, both decide to get a little naughty and strip down for the meal. "Isn't this romantic, dear? Just like our wedding night!" the old woman says, leaning in. "In fact, my nipples are starting to burn, just like they did back then." The old man looks down and then says after a beat "That's because this time, they're hanging in the oatmeal."
- In Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Millard Nullings is an Invisible Streaker and often eats his meals while naked (much to Miss Peregrine's chagrin).
Miss Peregrine: How many times must I tell you, polite persons do not take their supper in the nude!
- Wolves of the Calla: According to the legend of Lady Oriza, she lured the outlaw prince Gray Dick, who murdered her father, into a trap by inviting him to a great banquet at her castle, specifying that during the banquet she would be naked in order to demonstrate her lack of any concealed weaponry. Since Lady Oriza was beautiful and athletic, this condition naturally appealed to him and he accepted. She then killed him near the end of the banquette with a plate, which had been secretly weighted and given a sharp edge, instantly decapitating him.
- In an "On the next episode" gag of Arrested Development, Tobias, a former Never-nude, overcompensates when briefly cured. He walks down to the family breakfast naked and drinks some coffee.
- Averted in the Golden Girls episode where Dorothy, Blanche and Rose visit a nudist community. They show up for dinner naked only to find out that clothes are required for meals.
- Not surprisingly, this happens all the time on Naked and Afraid.
- In the Seinfeld episode "The Apology", Jerry dates a nudist named Melissa. She eats waffles and attempts to open a jar of pickles.
- Non-fiction example: In If Walls Could Talk: The History of the Home, Lucy Worsley explored the history of the British home. In the episode about bathrooms, she took a bubble bath while sipping a cocktail.
- In one episode of Bones Booth drinks a beer while in the bath. Well technically two beers; he was wearing one of those hats.
- Bow Wow Wow parodied the Manet painting mentioned above for the cover of their album See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang Yeah, City All Over! Go Ape Crazy!
- Probably the most famous example: In the Book of Genesis, Eve eats the forbidden fruit (an apple) while she and Adam are living naked in the Garden of Eden.
- In the CollegeHumor video "Unsexy Naked Time", Emily Axford and Brian K. Murphy get naked and order Kung Pao chicken.
- In a Funny or Die video, Rebecca Romijn tries out her new "hand-bra" on a topless Mary Holland while the latter eats romaine lettuce.
- Trisha Hershberger has a series called The Naked Truth where she vlogs naked about a variety of topics. Her vlog about alcohol featured her drinking a White Russian.
- In the China, IL episode Life Coaches, Frank walks into his classroom and is disgusted to find that Baby Cakes is sitting at his own desk completely naked while eating an apple.
- Rocko's Modern Life: Happens when the title character walks downstairs to drink some milk while, as Heffer and Filburt (who are filming him with a video camera) put it, "completely...naaakeeed, with no clothes on".
- Tiny Toon Adventures: Hamton finds himself naked outside after doing something stupid at Plucky's urging (namely, skinny dipping in Montana Max's personal pool). When Hamton finally makes it home, a surprise party is awaiting him. He uses a "happy birthday" banner as a loincloth and starts eating the cake.
- A naked restaurant opened in London in 2016.
- In 2017, a nudist restaurant opened in Paris.
- There is a reddit community called showerbeer devoted to drinking beer while in the shower. A similar one called ShowerOrange does the same with citrus fruits. (Note: some of the images are NSFW).
- In an appearance on Conan, Brie Larson mentioned she went through a phase of eating in the shower, and that some foods don't work well that way.