"Dark Ages" is a term for the period in European history from the fall of the Roman Empire in 476 to circa 1000, where there is a perception of little intellectual development culturally and the few surviving records of what happened still leave a lot of things unanswered.
You may be interested in the following pages:
- Dark Age Europe, for the historical period as a setting of fiction.
- The Dark Age of Animation, a period from the late 1950s to the early '80s.
- The Dark Age of Comic Books, a period from 1986 to the late 1990s during which comic books trended toward Darker and Edgier content
- Dark Ages, a 1991 Brit Com
- Dark Ages, a 1991 MS-DOS game developed Scenario Software and published as shareware by Apogee Software
- Dark Ages, a 1999 MMORPG by Nexon and KRU Interactive
- Dark Ages, a Ukrainian Ambient band formed in 2004
- Dark Ages, a 2021 6-issue mini-series by Marvel Comics
- Audience-Alienating Era, a period in a franchise where either a dramatic change of direction or style or a period of stagnation failed to gain traction with the audience, sometimes referred to the “dark age” of a franchise.
If an internal link led you here, please correct it to point to the right page.