There are several things that the term "culture shock" might describe.
If you're looking for a trope, there's several it could be:
- Values Dissonance is when a work shocks the reader due to cultural differences.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance is related to the above, but is because the work is set in a different cultural context, not because it was made in one.
- Culture Clash, when foreign cultures conflict with one another.
- Fish out of Water is the plot structure trope about a character having to deal with culture shock.
- Fish out of Temporal Water is the same as above, but with time travel.
If an internal link led you here, please correct it to point to the right page.