A common trope in the Camping Episode is for the camp to have a Punny Name or otherwise vaguely Native American-sounding name. Usually an exaggeration of the many Native American-named camps in Real Life. May or may not overlap with Horrible Camping Trip to accentuate the horrible-ness of the trip.
May overlap with Summer Campy.
- George Lichty's Grin and Bear It will feature on occasion Camp Runamuck, which seems to specialize in haywire hellions.
- The Emperor's New Groove sequel Kronk's New Groove has "Camp Chippamunka".
- Camp Kikakee from Ernest Goes to Camp. It's actually overseen by a Native American chief. His granddaughter (the camp nurse) and Ernest are the only two people who can directly communicate with him.
- Camp Kookooskoos from The Trumpet of the Swan. According to the camp director, it actually means "great horned owl" in Native American. When a camper asks him why it's not called "Camp Great Horned Owl", the director says it sounds better for a camp to have a kooky name.
- An episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, "Cody Goes to Camp" has "Camp Knock-a-Number".
- Camp Runamuck, a NBC Sitcom from 1965, was about a camp.
- On Nickelodeon's Salute Your Shorts, Camp Anawanna is known by the campers as "Camp I Don't Wanna".
- In a second season episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun, Mary confides to Dick that she was fat as a child and her parents sent her to a weight loss camp aptly named Knockalotofweightoff.
- Barney & Friends had a video entitled Camp Wannarunnaround.
- In a series of Sesame Street sketches from The '80s, Grover is the counselor of Camp Wannagohoma, but isn't very knowledgeable about nature, or camping, resulting his campers to question his credibility.
- Lake Tikihama is the setting for a case in the Psych episode "Tuesday the 17th".
- The Ray Stevens song "Camp Werthahekahwee"note is about the narrator's son having a Horrible Camping Trip at summer camp.
- 60s pop group the Turtles had a tune called "Camp Kamanawanalaya."
- The musical Return to Camp Itchabite.
- Afterlife (1996) has one of Hell's punishments being Camp Mennihackatorso, a Summer Campy which as the name makes clear, is straight out of a Slasher Movie.
- Pink Panther's Passport to Peril: The plot centers around Camp Chilly Wa-Wa, a very exclusive summer camp.
- Teen Girl Squad: In episode 11, the girls go to Camp Firstbassawassa. They briefly go to the neighboring Cosplayover Camp.
- Happy Tree Friends has Camp Pokeneyeout. As you might expect from this show, lots of eye injuries happen there.
- There is a webcomic named Camp Weedonwantcha after the aforementioned camp.
- In one of the Fred movies, Fred attends a camp called "Camp Iwannapeepee". Their slogan is "Iwannapeepee on you".
- American Dragon: Jake Long has Jake, Trixie, and Spud become camp counselors at Camp Mugwomp in the episode "A Ghost Story".
- The episode "Love Loaf" of Breadwinners has "Camp Quackawanna".
- Camp Lazlo is set at Camp Kidney. While still a silly name , it makes a little more sense than most examples because the Bean Scouts used different kinds of beans as a naming convention.
- Camp Wawanakwa of Total Drama Island fame, which offers the classic Summer Campy experience alongside the usual tortures of reality television for the show's teenage competitors.
- Camp Lakebottom has not only the title camp, but also Camp Bottomlake and Camp Sunnysmiles.
- In Kim Possible Ron attended Camp Wannaweep. As the name implies, it is the source of many of Ron's fears and the lake ended up being so toxic it turned a kid into a mutant.
- In a later episode, the Middleton cheer squad are taken to "Camp Gottagrin" for a spirit competition. It's later revealed that the camp is really Wannaweep with a new name and a cleaned-up lake.
- In Pepper Ann, after following Pepper Ann's advice, Dieter walks away from his house, leaving behind a note that his mother understood as going to "run away from home". As Pepper Ann later deduced, it turns out he just went to join the local Boy Scouts branch at (brace yourselves) Camp Runawifframham.
- In the Rick and Morty episode "The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy," Summer planned on going camping at Camp Flabanabba with her boyfriend, though they broke up before the trip happened. Morty remarks that it "sounds like somebody gave up halfway through naming it."
- South Park has a special needs camp entitled "Lake Tardicaca", which Timmy and Jimmy attended.
- American Dad! lampooned the concept in one episode, having Stan mistake a refugee camp for "Camp Refoogee" and appoint himself camp counselor.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: A season 3 episode, taking place at a summer camp, was titled "Camp Comeoniwannascareya". The camp itself is named "Camp Kichihaha".
- In between the Nickelodeon and the Disney episodes of Doug, its revealed that Connie went to a Fat Camp called Camp Makemovers.