There are many ways for a man to express power. One of them is having several women in his bed, presumably there for more than just body heat and implying the man also has the sexual stamina to deal with that many women. The man will never be in the bed with them, of course—he's off at the balcony or window, brooding about the plot.
Note that we never see the bed before or during all the presumed action—only the aftermath, with the women asleep and the man awake. One woman may wake to converse with him, but only one. How much the sheets cover or how much the women are wearing depends on what rating and audience the media is targeting.
Compare Sexy Man, Instant Harem, The Pornomancer, and A Lady on Each Arm. The ladies may be members of a Royal Harem. A subtrope of Men Are Tough and Women Are Delicate: in this case, sexual prowess is equivalent to toughness/power and a multitude of women are submissive to the dominant man.
- In Berserk, we are introduced to imprisoned war criminal Wyald like this, in a room full of naked women, only that it's very much NOT a before or after scene. Also, to add to the Fan Disservice and to show what kind of character we're dealing with here, none of the women are there of their will, and most of them are dead.
- In Fushigi Yuugi, the Emperor of Kutou talks to Nakago while in bed with three concubines.
- Happens various times to Issei in High School D×D throughout the story, though the crowning example is at the start of Volume 14. He even gets kicked out his own bed due to just how many girls are beside him.
- In Jojos Bizarre Adventure, Part 3, DIO's almost perpetually in one of these situations... except most of the women there are implied to be dead; he sees them mostly as food. He's a sexy vampire.
- In Legend of Galactic Heroes, one corrupt governor surrounds himself with half-naked concubines.
- Happened to Yuuto in the last chapter of Omamori Himari while his consciousness is separated from his body. When he returns to his body, he awakes to find out that over half of his harem had their way with him in his sleep.
- In Ultimate Marvel, the Hulk disappears to Tibet, where he is eventually found by Wolverine. When we first see the big green man, he's surrounded by hundreds of naked/half-naked women, with the implication that he's slept with and skillfully satisfied all of them. Like we said, he's a big green man.
- In Fury MAX, the framing sequence has Nick Fury writing his memoirs with three prostitutes lying asleep and exhausted in bed behind him.
- In his earlier appearances in Punisher MAX, also by Garth Ennis, Fury similarly tells the Punisher that he plans to have sex with "every hooker in New York City." We see him get a start on it via this trope.
- Gender-swapped in the "Obsidian Age" arc of Justice League of America, where one scene shows proto-Amazon Sela waking up in a bed full of naked or half-naked men.
- In Project Superpowers, Truth and Dare find Captain Future in bed with several scantly-clad women, all of them nearly dead from exhaustion.
- In Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami, the morning after Dark becomes the Shinigami King, he wakes up with "the four hundred women he had sexed with naked last night."
- Played for Laughs in DC Nation where the Star Sapphires, trying to study the nature of romantic love, have kidnapped Earth's Green Lanterns and their love interests. Unable to figure out who to set up with Hal Jordan, he ends up waking up in their experiment with five of his exes.
- Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York had a bed full of women after spending the night in a whorehouse recovering from a bullet wound to the shoulder earlier that day. It's indicated that he's a regular there.
- A Deleted Scene in xXx shows Yorgi the morning after a big party, on a bed with three sleeping women. The scene was done in case the film was given an R-rating (for violence) so the audience would feel they'd got their money's worth. The movie itself has him walking off with this harem of girls the day before, but only sleeping with one of them.
- Black Dynamite parodies this by showing the eponymous hero in bed with women, and after he gets out of bed, even more women are revealed to be hidden in the bedroom.
- When Austin Powers goes to rescue his father Nigel from the clutches of Goldmember in Austin Powers in Goldmember, he finds his dad in bed with four of Goldmember's female henchmen. Nigel asks if he might mind coming back in a few minutes so he can finish with them.
- The opening scene of Picadilly Jim has the title character waking up in such a bed after a hard night of partying.
- Early in The Shadow, when Lamont is still Ying Ko, there's a brief scene with Lamont in bed with several women. It's never stated whether they're paid women, sex slaves, or voluntarily serving him in that fashion, but whichever is correct the scene shows that Lamont is top dog in the area.
- Riddick: After Riddick has been crowned the new Lord Marshal of the Necromongers, he's seen lounging in the Marshal's private quarters where there's a bed full of royal consorts. In a subversion this is made to appear sinister, as Riddick suspects they're just there to make him let down his guard and kill him in his sleep.
- Played for Laughs in Machete Kills. Machete places a call to the President of the United States. The phone is picked up by a sleepy yet hot female White House intern, who hands it to another female intern in the bed beside her, who hands it to another female intern, who hands the phone to the President.
- Taken Up to Eleven in The Italian Job (1969). Michael Caine gets out of prison to find an entire room full of women waiting for him, courtesy of his organised crime friends.
- Sinners and Saints (2010). The Russian Big Bad is talking to The Dragon on a Bluetooth earpiece, as he steps into a lift with his bodyguard and two women. Later he's takes another call in his bathrobe, while the two women can be seen sleeping in his bed.
- The Transporter Refueled. After spending a night with the main female character, the protagonist Frank Martin goes into another room to find his Retired Badass father sleeping with two other women. Rather than feel outclassed, Frank just smiles. It's implied his father used to be a spy for British Intelligence.
- When filming El Mariachi, the actor playing Azul said he'd only appear in the film if he could have this trope. Director Robert Rodriguez explained that they weren't making a porn movie, but if he could find the women then Azul could have a couple of female bodyguards instead. So in the movie Azul wakes up with these two girls, then has to go out. One of his mooks sneaks over to have a look and maybe sample the goods, only to flee when he has several guns stuck in his face.
- Missing in Action. Chuck Norris contacts the requisite Friend in the Black Market, an old army buddy who is living a hedonistic life in Thailand. At one stage Chuck finds him with a bed full of naked bar girls.
- The Nutty Professor (1996): Buddy Love sleeps with a bunch of girls at one point. The next morning, Buddy reverts to fat Sherman Klump, who is horrified to wake up surrounded by a bunch of girls he doesn't know.
- By the end of Young Lady Chatterley II, Virgil (who started the film a shy virgin) has all five maids in his bed at the one time.
- Some post-Victorian adaptations of Dracula treat Dracula's three vampiric "brides" as an example of this trope to support the idea that Vampires Are Sex Gods, since the originally intended audience revulsion at Dracula's licentiousness isn't necessarily shared by the adaptation's creators or audience.
- Dominion: Our very first view of Michael begins with a pan over his bed and the several women in it, before one wakes to talk with him about the self loathing he's engaging in because of it and his fear of having a half human, half angel child.
- Monty Python's Flying Circus: In "The Idiot in Society", a TV documentary on Village Idiots, John Cleese's Idiot is quite successful.
Voiceover: But what of the idiot's private life? How about his relationship with women?
(idiot in bed; pull back to reveal he shares it with two ladies)
Idiot: Well, I may be an idiot, but I'm no fool.
- In the penultimate episode of 30 Rock, Jack Donaghy sets out to excel in every area of his life. As part of this, he manages to convince his two very Catholic ex-girlfriends, Nancy Donovan and Elisa, into a menage a trois that not only leaves the two women satisfied but somehow leaves them both speaking with impeccable British RP accents. (While there are fewer women than usual in this example, the absurd aftereffects seem to push things into a parody of this trope.)
- This is part of Pierce's fantasy sequence in the Community episode "Horror Fiction In Seven Spooky Steps": as "Magnum", he's sleeping with all three women in the study group at once and has a Gag Penis to boot.
- Slightly downplayed in an early Babylon 5 episode where Na'Toth visits G'Kar in his quarters early in the morning. He answers the door to her in a nightshirt, and during their conversation she is irritated when three scantily-clad human women, implied to be hookers, come out of the bedroom.
- Invoked in Game of Thrones. King Robert, a known whoremonger, stations Jaime outside his bedchamber while he parties with hookers, which we can hear from behind the closed door. Ned walks up, and while he and Jaime discuss matters, every so often a girl leaves the bedroom but the room is still just as loud as before.
- Catherine: In the "Best Catherine" ending, the main character has moved in with the eponymous heroine in The Underworld and after spending a lengthy amount of time there has transformed into an incubus like his girlfriend. He's become so powerful (and, apparently, so skilled at sex) that in addition to Catherine, he's surrounded by several other succubi who moan and fawn over him.
- God of War:
- Kratos never accumulates more than two per bed, yet he still manages to sleep with nearly that many per game, with each of them always commending his abilities. As the titular God of War he can be seen with two at his side.
- Ghost of Sparta hits the trope full on when a harem literally dog-piles on Kratos' (offscreen, except for shaking bedposts) bed after hearing and seeing his exploits with the initial and usual two that accompany him.
- In the CollegeHumor sketch "The Six Monsters You'll Have For Roommates," The Protagonist contemplates having a three-way or a four-way with some girls from school, or just "stay[ing] in bed all day and eat cake and hot wings" when he gets a single dorm room. He then finds that having a roommate makes it much easier to deal with Things That Go "Bump" in the Night.
- Batmetal; the first video ends with Batman in bed with Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Batgirl, Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Sue Richards, and Power Girl while another character films.
- Family Guy: At the end of "Valentine's Day in Quahog", Brian ends up with all his exes like this.