Bathrooms are intended for people to... uh, do their business. However, one or more characters decide that it's the perfect place to duke it out. A bathroom brawl can occur in either a public bathroom or a private one, although it is more common for fights to happen in public restrooms. Locker rooms also apply.
Similar to Camping a Crapper. The difference between this trope and Camping a Crapper is that the latter is typically an attack that is planned, while a bathroom brawl does not have to be organized in advance. A bathroom brawl can start out as a simple argument or conversation, then build up into a huge fight.
Can overlap with Toilet Horror if the fight gets incredibly violent or the characters fight something or someone horrifying. If someone ends up getting killed in a bathroom brawl, then see The Can Kicked Him.
- Persona EG: On 9/2, four guys in the bathroom make fun of Twilight and Pinkie Pie because of a rumor going around school that Flash caught something from one of the girls at the dorm. Flash responds by punching one boy in the nose and throwing him into another, along with angrily telling them all that the rumor isn't true before shoving one of the boys out of the way and leaving the restroom.
- In Bee Movie, Vanessa's boyfriend Ken tries to attack Barry in her bathroom, which causes her to break up with him.
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery: Austin fights the assassin Patty O'Brian when the latter ambushes him in the restroom. A man outside the stalls overhears Austin grunting "Who does Number Two work for?" and assumes he's just constipated.
- The Bourne Ultimatum: The movie's Signature Scene is a fight between the titular assassin Jason Bourne and a younger assassin named Desh inside of a small apartment. The fight spills into a bathroom, where Desh picks up a shaving razor and Bourne uses a towel to defend himself. After disarming Desh, Bourne finally gets the upper hand and chokes Desh to death.
- Played for Laughs in The Cable Guy when Chip attacks Robin's date in a restaurant bathroom.
- Casino Royale (2006): James Bond gets his first kill fighting an informant in a bathroom. Bond shooting him turns into the Bond Gun Barrel, which segues into the opening titles and theme.
- Death Grip: The Sacred Coin of Judas gets flushed down an automatic toilet and this leads to Torch trying to kill Kenny. The entire bathroom nearly gets destroyed in the ensuing brawl.
- In Jack Reacher, Jack gets attacked by two idiot Mooks with a crowbar and an aluminum baseball bat in a bathroom.
- In Kill Bill Vol. 2, The Bride fights Elle Driver in a cramped trailer, eventually spilling over to the even-more cramped bathroom.
- Two bathroom brawls happen in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.:
- When CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Ilya Kuryakin are first introduced to each other for a special joint-forces mission, it's in a public restroom in a park. The two have a history, and they knock down most of the stalls in their initial tussle before their handlers intervene to keep Kuryakin from choking Solo.
- The second occurs at a party thrown by villainous Victoria Vinciguerra. After being insulted by his fake fiance's uncle, Kuryakin slips away to a bathroom for a moment of peace and quiet. When three young Italian aristocrats prevent him from using the sink and tell him to use the ladies' washroom instead, he roughs them up to blow off some steam.
- In Mission: Impossible Fallout, one of the major brawls involves Ethan, Walker, and a man believed to be John Lark brawling in a bathroom. Lark completely wiped the floor with both Ethan and Walker, and nearly killed Ethan had Ilsa Faust not intervened in the fight.
- Our Man Flint: While in a restaurant bathroom, Derek Flint has a fight with Hans Gruber and ends up stabbing him to death.
- In True Lies, Harry's first personal encounter with the Crimson Jihad and their leader Aziz starts with him fighting several mooks in a Mall's bathroom, then having to dodge gunfire when Aziz barges in with an AK-47, then chasing Aziz through the streets of Washington on a horse.
- In True Romance, Virgil attempts to torture Alabama in a bathroom to get her to reveal where Clarence and the drugs are, but she ends up getting the last laugh when she blinds him with shampoo, hits him with the toilet cover, sprays him with hairspray, stabs him, shoots him multiple times with a shotgun, and then beats him with the shotgun barrel, just in case.
- The fight between The Warriors and The Punks, one of the gangs that wanted them dead, is in the public bathroom of one of the metro stations. It ends with The Punks getting beaten up by The Warriors.
- The World's End has the fight in the men's restroom in The Cross Hands, where Gary gets into a scuffle with a teen and ends up knocking his head off, revealing him to be a Blank. When a few more Blanks come in, Gary and his friends have to fend them off as well.
- In Ender's Game, Ender gets attacked by a Gang of Bullies while he is in the shower. Ender goads the leader, Bonzo, into fighting him one-on-one while completely naked, to which he accepts. It ends in Ender's favor.
- Harry Potter
- In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, a troll gets into Hogwarts and attacks Hermione in the girls' bathroom. Fortunately, Harry and Ron come to the rescue and defeat the troll.
- In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry fights Draco in a bathroom and uses the "Sectumsempra" curse on him. When discussing the film version, Tom Felton famously described the scene as, "Me and Daniel had a wand fight in the bathroom... God, that sounds wrong."
- Nightside: An assassin tries to attack John Taylor in a public washroom, assuming he'll be off-guard. The fight ends as quickly as it begins when John magically swaps the air in the assassin's lungs with the toilet water.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians:
- The first book has Clarisse La Rue and some of her sisters from the Ares cabin trying to push Percy's head into the toilet, which devolves into a short brawl ended by Percy soaking them in toilet water.
- In book 4, the Empousai attack Percy and co. in the bathroom.
- Burn Notice: Michael tricks his kidnappers in the first episode into taking him into a bathroom so he can attack them and escape.
Narrator Michael: In a fight, you have to be careful not to break the little bones in your hand on someone's face. Never happens in movies, but in real life a busted hand will get you killed. That's why I like bathrooms. Lots of hard surfaces.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: In "The Mandrake", Sabrina is attacked in the bathtub by Madame Satan's golem, only being saved by Nick's intervention.
- WKRP in Cincinnati has an epicly hilarious one in "Fish Story". Nowhere else will you see a man dressed as a carp wrestle a man dressed as a pig on the floor of a college bathroom over a pay toilet.
- WCW The Great American Bash 1996, June 16, 1996. The Falls Count Anywhere match between Chris Benoit and Kevin Sullivan included Sullivan trying to stick Benoit's head in a toilet and each guy slamming a stall door on each other's heads. (In fact, Sullivan has had a few examples of this. Norman The Lunatic d. him in a Falls Count Anywhere match at NWA/WCW Clash of the Champions X on February 6, 1990 that ended in a bathroom.)
- WWE Raw, September 6, 1999. The hardcore WWE Women's Champion Ivory vs. Tori match started with them in the locker room, going into the bathroom, with a Modesty Towel-clad Jacqueline running from the shower, and included Ivory using tampons as weapons.
- You can start fights in the bathrooms of Bullworth Academy in Bully.
- In the boss fight of Chapter 2-4 in Super Paper Mario, Mario has to fight Mimi (who has transformed into a spider) in the ladies' restroom in Merlee's basement.
- At the beginning of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Drake gets into a Bar Brawl, which eventually makes its way to the bathroom where he has to fight a Giant Mook.
- Yakuza 0:
- One of these occurs while Kiryu is fighting his way through a building filled with hostile yakuza. It ends with Kiryu slamming Yoneda face-first into a urinal and then kicking him out the window.
- Sagawa drags Majima into a bathroom and nearly strangles him after Majima sneaks off to visit Nishitani in prison.
- In the Cyanide & Happiness short "Public Bathroom", a guy takes a full roll of toilet paper from the stall next to him and the guy in that stall comes and starts a fight with him. The fight starts in the men's room, but eventually makes its way to the women's room and ends when the guy who stole the TP gets thrown into a tampon dispenser and a bunch of tampons fall on him.
- In the OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes episode "Villains' Night In", Fink comes in through the toilet in the bathroom at Gar's Bodega and fights K.O. in her Turbo form.
- In the Rick and Morty episode "Meeseeks and Destroy", Mr. Jellybean attempts to sexually assault Morty in a tavern restroom, but Morty has a sudden adrenaline rush and manages to beat him up.
- South Park: In the episode "Stunning and Brave", PC Principal assaults Cartman in the faculty bathroom for using the term "spokesman" instead of "spokesperson".
- Searching up "bathroom fight at school" on YouTube will net you with tons of results of this trope occurring in school bathrooms.
- "Dutch" Schultz, one of Al Capone's henchmen, was taken out by a hitman who followed him into the men's toilets in a diner in Chicago, waited for Schultz to start focusing on the matter in hand, and then shot him several times in the back whilst his guard was down.