An index for tropes about being banished, exiled, or expelled from some specific place.
- Banishing Ritual: Ghost, demon, Eldritch Abomination, or annoying neighbor bugging you? Do this magic ritual to banish them!
- Barred from the Afterlife: When Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory alike refuse to take in someone after their death, thus leaving their soul trapped in the living world.
- The Exile: Someone who has been banished far away from their own homeland, or otherwise had to flee and are unable to return.
- Exiled to the Couch: Your spouse forces you to leave the bedroom.
- Forced from Their Home: You're kicked out of your house.
- Get Out!: You are verbally ordered to immediately leave a room or building.
- Getting the Boot: You are (rather literally) kicked/thrown out of a room or building.
- Government in Exile: Former government leaders who have been banished from their own country by the new regime in power.
- Hollywood Exorcism: A ritual to banish some sort of evil spirit (demon, ghost, etc) from inhabiting another person's body.
- Hollywood Restraining Order: You are forbidden from approaching the vicinity of a specific person.
- I Have No Son!: You are disowned by your own family and banished from their home.
- Persona Non Grata: A specific location has forbidden you from ever entering or returning there.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Instead of getting fired from your job, your bosses have decided to just banish you to the most unpleasant place to work at.
- Self-Imposed Exile: A character exiles themselves, usually out of shame.
- Sexiled: You get barred from entering a room while others are having sex.
- The Stateless: You have no home country because you were either stripped of your citizenship and deported, or left because the country no longer exists (if it was ever officially recognized).
- You Can't Go Home Again: You have been forced to (permanently) leave behind the place you once called home, and are never allowed or at least unable to ever return there.