Badass Princess was an article on here which listed princesses who were "badass." Problem is, everyone had a different definition of badass, so the article eventually just became a list of princesses who did anything vaguely competent.
Since a trope is supposed to be "storytelling shorthand for a concept," Badass Princess was deemed Not a Trope and the page was cut. Here are some other tropes that cover the meaningful things associated with Badass Princess:
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: An adorable princess with the aesthetics of a Princess Classic who unexpectedly is a great fighter.
- Damsel out of Distress: A character set up to be a helpless Damsel in Distress (a trope long associated with princesses) turns out to be able to save herself.
- Lady of War: A lady who epitomizes elegance and grace who nevertheless can kill with ease.
- Politically Active Princess: A princess who is highly involved with diplomatic missions and similar political intrigue.
- Rebellious Princess: A princess who hates her title and everything that comes with it, causing her to deliberately go against everything expected of a princess.
- Really Royalty Reveal: A princess who may do badass things without realizing, or at least without revealing that they're a princess.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: A royal who does any number of notable and useful acts.
- Silk Hiding Steel: A lady who appears, and may genuinely be, demure and gentle but is also cunning and ruthless.
- Tomboy Princess: A princess who defies the feminine expectations of her title and enjoys being masculine.
- Warrior Prince: If within the story it is perfectly normal and expected of princesses in that society to be warriors, a princess may be an example of Warrior Prince.