The Island of Avalon is a location in Arthurian legend, a magical place where Excalibur was forged and Arthur was taken after being mortally wounded at Camlann. The waters about the island are supposedly a Healing Spring, though this was also only legend to the characters of myth. Avalon is the home of Morgan Le Fay and Lily of Avalon, and in some stories of The Lady of the Lake, as well. It is supposedly located at present Glastonbury Tor. In some stories, rather than have magical waters that sustain its inhabitants, it instead is home to the Holy Grail and drinking from this is what grants health and immortality.
Avalon can refer to the following works:
- Avalon, the 1990 American movie by Barry Levinson.
- Avalon, the 2001 Polish-Japanese movie by Mamoru Oshii.
- Avalon, the 2011 Swedish movie by Axel Petersén.
- Avalon, the webcomic by Josh Phillips.
- Avalon, the Marvel Cinematic Universe/Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover fan-fiction.
- Avalon: Web of Magic, the children's book series.
If you were led here by a direct wick for a work, please correct the link in the page so that it points towards the proper article.